Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

uk 'This Is England' to return next year

3 posts in this topic

2d6a7df061030bdf733ed5e839f98.jpg

Stephen Graham has confirmed that This Is England will return to screens next year.

The actor - who played Combo in the 2006 Shane Meadows film and its TV spinoff series - also confirmed to BBC Radio 6 Music that the new run will be set in 1990.

Graham previously said to Digital Spy: "Shane is doing the Stone Roses documentary, but we're definitely gonna do [the new series] next year and my character is going to be coming out of prison, so I'm really looking forward to that."

He also praised the Christmas three-parter This Is England '88, describing it as "phenomenal" and "an amazing piece of television".

"Some of the acting was leagues apart from anything I've seen in a long time," he said. "Vicky McClure was just breathtaking."

Kelly Jenkins actress Chanel Cresswell has also previously spoken about wanting a final series of the show.

"In This Is England, you work really hard and rightly so," the 22-year-old actress explained. "Shane does it spot on. Filming that, he makes you live what you're filming and your personality does change."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a485783/shane-meadowss-this-is-england-to-return-next-year.html

Nice, i actually enjoyed this series from the film. Really set in stone, i could see it running from 1990 to 2000. their take on our era :p

1 person likes this

****ing awesome news, about time! Looking forward to this an Top Boy 2 :)