soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 30 May 2013 - 14:21

Posted Image

Title: The Last of Us
Developer: Naughty Dog
Publisher: SCEA
Platform: Playstation 3
Release Date: June 14th, 2013 (worldwide release)

Trophy List

The Last Of Us is a third-person survival action game by Naughty Dog, creators of Jak & Daxter and Uncharted. It takes place 20 years after a cordyceps-like fungus has jumped to the human population, causing a massive outbreak. Nature has taken back the cities and towns, with the population left living in quarantine zones under martial law. We play as Joel, who must accompany AI-controlled Ellie out of their quarantine zone and away from the military to a resistance group called the Fireflies.

Much like the comic and television show The Walking Dead, the outbreak merely provides a backdrop for a different story, a father-daughter story influenced by the relationship between Nathan Drake and his mentor Sully in Naughty Dog's Uncharted series.

The game is focused on single-player, but a yet-to-be-revealed multiplayer exists as well. The game also features NG+. A season pass for DLC is also being offered for $19.99. Purchasing the digital version will allow the player to start the game and play once it is 50% downloaded.

A four-issue comic from Dark Horse Comics is being released alongside the game, called The Last Of Us: American Dreams. The first issue sold out and has been re-printed for release May 29th, alongside the second issue.

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs

Comicon Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krLNvmYF7lM

Gamescom Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6eqoCLbTc

The Infected:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ab6cnVQi_c

Posted Image

#2 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 30 May 2013 - 14:38

Looks kinda cool, look forward to some reviews.

My only potential issues would be
1) Kid seems like she might be pretty annoying/pain in the arse
2) The dark scenes looked fun but on the same token how hard/scary is it to get around if these things can't detect you waving a flash light at them :p

#3 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 30 May 2013 - 14:41

Thanks for the reminder!! Today is the demo access from God of War Acension. Looking forward to checking it out.

#4 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 30 May 2013 - 14:46

I know very little about it aside from one of the first trailers they showed, but I'm excited for this.

Osiris, I agree with the bit about Ellie possibly being annoying. It all depends on how the AI handles her really, and whether she requires being babysat at every encounter and puzzle or not. AI companions need to be done really well, otherwise they just drag the game down (there was a game who's name escapes me where the AI destroyed any chance of getting a good review...Anna? Some other girl's name?).

#5 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 30 May 2013 - 14:59

I'm so looking forward to this game. Yet another birthday present to myself. (along with Man of Steel!)

This game is also another big event for me as it will be the first PS3 game I'll actually try to get every trophy. Since I won't be getting an Xbox next generation, I'm going to start investing my time in the PSN and build up my trophy list. I can't wait.

@Osiris: I don't think you need to worry about Ellie. The writing I have heard so far in various videos is top notch. Ellie's dialog has been a mix of childish wonder/ignorance and adult skepticism/swearing/desperation. I think she is going to be an amazing character. Though, I do hope her AI isn't dumb as a brick. But I have faith in Naughty Dog.

#6 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 30 May 2013 - 17:04

im going to reserve complete judgement until i see reviews. until then, i'll say that i used to be more excited about this game until i found out it was yet another zombie apocalypse game.

crawling through dark corridors with a flash light and a child. fun.

#7 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 30 May 2013 - 21:31

I was wrong, demo from GoW Ascension is not out until tomorrow. 19 hours from now. Damn, got my hopes all up. :laugh:

#8 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:50

Looks kinda cool, look forward to some reviews.

My only potential issues would be
1) Kid seems like she might be pretty annoying/pain in the arse
2) The dark scenes looked fun but on the same token how hard/scary is it to get around if these things can't detect you waving a flash light at them :p

2) The "clickers" are like bats -- they're blind, but if you make noise they'll detect and rush you.

#9 Draken

Draken

Neowinian Un-Wise One

• Phone: Motorola Razr HD

Posted 31 May 2013 - 21:59

just on my mail:

The Last Of Us-Early Access Demo is available now!

anyone tried it already?

#10 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:58

Demo walktrhough

#11 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:01

Annoying how you have to buy another game just so you can play the demo, I won't be able to try it till my copy arrives in a couple of weeks. Dying to try it.

#12 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 01 June 2013 - 14:37

I stopped playing the demo about 15 minutes in as I decided I just want to experience everything as it is meant to be wholly experienced.
So yeah, loved (what I played obviously) of the demo. And I pretty much stopped right when the action started.

#13 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 01 June 2013 - 17:48

Still debating whether or not to try the demo as I've been trying to avoid anything that might spoil the experience for me so i can go in fresh. So far I've heard nothing but amazing things about the demo so that alone seems to be enough for me to hold off since I'm picking this up day 1 regardless.

#14 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:58

Still debating whether or not to try the demo as I've been trying to avoid anything that might spoil the experience for me so i can go in fresh. So far I've heard nothing but amazing things about the demo so that alone seems to be enough for me to hold off since I'm picking this up day 1 regardless.

I highly suggest not playing it, as I really wish I did not. It did not necessarily ruin anything for me, but this is no doubt a game that is best to experience it as a whole with as little knowledge of what to expect as possible.

#15 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 02 June 2013 - 13:45

I've played the demo and I loved it. Despite having some weapons at your disposal, you still feel completely overwhelmed by the infected, giving you that sense of dread and panicky survival in every encounter.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!