This IS your father's Oldsmobile ...

Zach Davis of Tulsa, Oklahoma was able to find and bring the original luster back to a family car he grew up with, which had been regretfully sold. Davis? father bought the 1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme convertible and was so proud of the car that he used it in the family Christmas card that year.

Sadly, a few months after his purchase, the Davis patriarch died. His family held onto the car for 16 years and Zach drove it. Zach told KOTV News on 6, "More than anything else I love that it was my Dad's."

One day a man approached Zach offering him what he thought was ?way too much money? for the classic car, so he sold it then regretted the decision almost instantly.

Davis revealed, ?I?ve had dreams about this car. It?s the strangest thing. I think it?s because it was my connection to my dad and I was only 13 when he died.? After decades of wondering, he decided to hunt down his dad?s old Cutlass using the vehicle ID number and traced it to Stillwater, Oklahoma.

The car was painted white and in good shape. Davis said, "It's really been with two families most of its life.? In a touching tribute to his dad, Davis bought the Olds and worked for several months to restore it to its original color and condition. His late father?s pride and joy still even has the drivers side decal indicating it was, ?Sold by Milton Jones at Dean Bailey Oldsmobile.?

source & video

My Dad had an Oldmobile Toronado. I remember it being the first car we had with power windows and locks. :p

Good he got his car back :)