Negativity about XBOX ONE

xbox one rumour

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2013 - 13:44

Most of the information people are going on is here and there snippets and quotes and in some cases PURE RUMOUR.

Now ... I for one, was excited by the XBOX ONE announcement. I've always steered clear of Xbox360 after my 4 dead consoles but recently bought a Slim 250gb one and am now happy again (although I want to get another PS3 soon to go with my Wii and Xbox360 as I like games ... you know ... games that are fun and available on different systems). Fanboyism is horrendous and while some people may have accused me of it in the past, I genuinely just like great products ... be it Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony ... they all do great things.

And I really wish the internet would calm down and wait for FULL details on these systems before attacking. I'd be so happy if this forum section was mostly full of positive comments about Xbox One or games news on Xbox 360 ... but it's all so negative and depressing. How can everyone work themselves up so badly about this stuff when they have almost zero genuine information?!

Slow down, take in what you know as purely nuggets of info. And start talking about what you CURRENTLY have til the next one comes!! :D

#2 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 04 June 2013 - 13:48

I love the Xbox One because... it's black...

What else?.. Hmmm... It has a gigabit ethernet port.

#3 Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Not all who wander are lost

• Phone: Windows Phone 8 GDR3

Posted 04 June 2013 - 13:48

Damage is already done. All these haters are currently spreading FUD and hate amongst all their friends. It's gonna be a tough, uphill challenge for Microsoft.

I was, and still am, extremely excited for Xbox One. I already pre-ordered mine here in Belgium.

#4 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2013 - 13:49

Yeah, I want to apologise for my over the top comments for the past few weeks.

I am very passionate about technology and gaming, I LOVE talking about it and sometimes I don't think before I post and then get riled up by people having a go at me.

I still stand by what I have said 100% however.

#5 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 04 June 2013 - 13:51

You couldn't be more correct. Fanyboyism is pathetic. If you don't like it move on. Don't harp on about why you should be heard for your hatred over others for the product.

#6 OP +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:09

Well, hey ... every system has it's flaws. The Xbox360 fanboys made me laugh because I know just TWO people that haven't had at least one of the systems red ring on them, yet those two people insist that the Xbox360 is perfect because of the fact that they haven't had problems. I had 4 of them die on me and after that I gave up. Millions had the problem. So there's a HUGE flaw, yet people will fight back when arguing about it as if it was the users to blame.

PS3 had the yellow light (although no where near as many systems failed as 360), and of course the problems with PSN security. Which I'm 100% confident are rock solid fixed. Just like the red ring issue that on the newer models you'd find Atlantis more likely than have a red ring now.

And Nintendo ... the way they marketed the machine so much so that droves of horrible developers pumped out bad party game after party game. Forgetting that the uniqueness of the control system could bring more to a game than take away.

Subsequently at this moment in time, I find great joy in all three of these systems. I love playing games on them that simply aren't available on the other platforms, and I have not made choices based on my favouring one system over another for which multi-platform game I should buy for, but have used price, release date and / or friends on which console to play with. And that's not always been the expected console.

Living life in some passionate and closed minded world based on one platform is dangerous to your perception on the internet. As I say, I've been accused of loving Apple products too much. Which is ludicrous. Apple have made mistakes, as have Microsoft etc ... I simply love great products and when you cut one or more out of your life, you're leaving yourself out in the cold. These consoles are so damn cheap, and have so many fantastic games on them that it's a shame to see so many people make silly judgements based on internet BS.

And as for Xbox One... almost all of the people attacking it in this part of the Neowin forum will probably get one at some point. Regardless of the tin hat privacy worries, used games scenario or VCR look (which I love btw... so damn cool looking).

I will be listening a lot to Microsoft and Sony in the coming weeks. Not listening to forum members spouting crap. Now can we clear this damn forum up and start talking about some AWESOME games out there at the moment?! I'm LOVING Halo Reach right now .... we should discuss that kind of thing :D

#7 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:11

Damage is already done. All these haters are currently spreading FUD and hate amongst all their friends. It's gonna be a tough, uphill challenge for Microsoft.

I was, and still am, extremely excited for Xbox One. I already pre-ordered mine here in Belgium.

I always found funny that here on Neowin when people are negative about a product by MS they are spreading FUD.

You know maybe people are negative about the XBox One simply because they did not like what they saw in the press conference.

Of course all this can turn around at E3. But there's no doubt MS failed to impress people so far.

#8 kaotic

kaotic

Neowinian

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:14

I always found funny that here on Neowin when people are negative about a product by MS they are spreading FUD.

You know maybe people are negative about the XBox One simply because they did not like what they saw in the press conference.

Of course all this can turn around at E3. But there's no doubt MS failed to impress people so far.

That's the thing I don't understand, the PS4 didn't really have anything that impressed anyone (I was bored out of my mind watching the reveal of it), but no one started trashing the system.

#9 OP +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:16

Rubbish ... they impressed a lot of people. And that's what my thread is about. You do realise that the majority of what people are verbally masturbating about is rumour and conjecture ... not actual facts. Microsoft had one hour. They showed a brilliant demo of what looks very cool, and people want to complain?! If they don't like what they see, I feel bad for them, because it genuinely did look excellent. There simply wasn't enough in there to get angry about. Most of what I'm reading is based on rumours and one line quotes taken in a context we have zero clue about because we weren't there when they were said.

These people ARE spreading crap. Until they know what they're talking about, they're just acting like spoiled little children who don't have a clue what they're even having a pop at.

That's the thing I don't understand, the PS4 didn't really have anything that impressed anyone (I was bored out of my mind watching the reveal of it), but no one started trashing the system.

Indeed ... although I was far from bored ... seeing Killzone was enough for me :) The excitement levels for both systems is high for me. But that's because I'm not an idiot.

#10 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:39

And as for Xbox One... almost all of the people attacking it in this part of the Neowin forum will probably get one at some point. Regardless of the tin hat privacy worries, used games scenario or VCR look (which I love btw... so damn cool looking).

The reason why i wont get a One personally has nothing to do with privacy or used games. I don't care about privacy that much and i always buy my games new.

What i hate about the One is the fact that Kinect 2 needs to be connected to it at all time. I just don't care about Kinect (as much as i don't care about Move or Wii) and i don't see why i should have this addon connected to the One at all time laying under my TV. I know i could simply not use it and endure it there doing nothing and serving no purpose. But why should i do that?

The One will need to have a very very strong first party and exclusive lineup to convince me. By exclusive i mean not avalaible on either PS4 or PC. I'm not a fanboy who think the multiplatform games are not playable on playstation. The differences are at best minor. I like XBox Live. Bor for what it has to offer outside of USA it's rather expensive to be honest. imo Steam offers me as much and for free.

I loved my XBox. I liked my 360 despite my RRoD launch model and my broken HDMI port on the elite model (i'm on my 3rd 360). But i'm starting to miss the quirky japanese games.

Sony press conference was not really good. But there's something that got my attention. Sony improved their controlled significantly. Lot of small changes that should make the new Dual Shock a far more confortable controller.

Ideally i would buy the PS4 and One. But i have a kid and just can't justify buying 2 consoles (i already spend a lot of gpus). Right now i'm leaning toward the PS4.

#11 OP +OOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOO

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:49

The reason why i wont get a One personally has nothing to do with privacy or used games. I don't care about privacy that much and i always buy my games new.

What i hate about the One is the fact that Kinect 2 needs to be connected to it at all time. I just don't care about Kinect (as much as i don't care about Move or Wii) and i don't see why i should have this addon connected to the One at all time laying under my TV. I know i could simply not use it and endure it there doing nothing and serving no purpose. But why should i do that?

The One will need to have a very very strong first party and exclusive lineup to convince me. By exclusive i mean not avalaible on either PS4 or PC. I'm not a fanboy who think the multiplatform games are not playable on playstation. The differences are at best minor. I like XBox Live. Bor for what it has to offer outside of USA it's rather expensive to be honest. imo Steam offers me as much and for free.

I loved my XBox. I liked my 360 despite my RRoD launch model and my broken HDMI port on the elite model (i'm on my 3rd 360). But i'm starting to miss the quirky japanese games.

Sony press conference was not really good. But there's something that got my attention. Sony improved their controlled significantly. Lot of small changes that should make the new Dual Shock a far more confortable controller.

Ideally i would buy the PS4 and One. But i have a kid and just can't justify buying 2 consoles (i already spend a lot of gpus). Right now i'm leaning toward the PS4.

No one has said it HAS to be connected the whole time. That's rubbish. Stop reading into things. Show me where it's been said (and can be proved to be real) that it HAS to be connected at all times. Microsoft aren't stupid. They will know not everyone wants to have it connected or has the space to have it connected. The controller will be sufficient to use the machine. Anyone who doesn't realise this needs to get out of the clouds. It's bloody obvious. So I think you should stop worrying about that sort of stuff.

Lean all you like. I'll get both, but I understand people just getting one of them. Either way, I do NOT understand the rumour mongering.

#12 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:51

I can't explain it to you cause i don't have a PS3 and i'm not a fan of Sony. I did not own a PS2 either.

My point is why do neowinians assume all people who criticize the One are haters and sony fanboys ? Lot of them might actually be fan of the 360 who were disappointed witht the press conference. I know i am. I don't care about all this TV stuffs that will probably not be avalaible for french canadian. I don't care about Kinect either. 1 trillion exclusives is all great. But could i see them? Will they be avalaible on PC? Will we get some japanese exclusives this time?

I'll wait E3 but there's no doubt MS will need to do more to impress me. I know i could simply not use Kinect 2 and just forget i pay XBox Live the same price as people in USA for half the service. But i just can't do it. Specially not when the new Dual Shock looks like a controller i could actually use (i hated the Dual Shock 1 and 2).

I can't wait to see what MS will show at E3. I'm just afraid it will cater to the CoD crowd big time. And i'm as far from the CoD crowd as one can be.

#13 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:53

Ill never understand the need that some people have to bash one system and praise another. Dirtylarry wrote a piece a few years ago I think about this very topic. Maybe he'll see this and post the article. It had to do with essentially "loving" an object made of plastic, wiring and circuits, also the idea to support MS or Sony over one another as if there was some financial gain to be had. I'm always amazed at the hatred people spew over such nonsense, but I suppose thats been going on since the creation of man. Anyway, I'll be purchasing both next gen systems as I would hate to miss out on any exclusive. Im excited about the TV features of xbox and very interested in ths PS4s controller.

#14 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:53

nothing new. its the typical Microsoft envy. Microsoft users are out using and enjoying their technology,while the other guys are flapping their guyms. you've always seen for the past decades the 1% Linux and 4% mac guys making so much noise about Microsoft, you'd think linux and mac owned the market, and now when you add in the Nintendo and sony guys to the mix,you've got Xbox One bashfest. Of course,none of this is representation of the realities of the consumer market. I also find it comical the majority of comments on ps4 sites are about xbox,. :)

#15 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 04 June 2013 - 14:59

This is the FUD the OP is referring to. Sure, Microsoft botched the reveal and subsequent PR fallout but the FUD was going on another level..
- Kinect will limit how many people can watch movies etc. (based on a patent filing)
- Kinect is always on, listening watching you (your concern which is not based on anything. Microsoft has said nothing of this sorts)
- Used games will require a fee (completely wrong, statements taken out of context, Microsoft has said wait for clarification etc.)

Yeah, I want to apologise for my over the top comments for the past few weeks.
...blah blah...
I still stand by what I have said 100% however.

so why did you apologize? :/