microsoft lifecam webcam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 devnulllore

devnulllore

Neowin-aholic

Posted 04 June 2013 - 19:08

HI,

I hope this is the place for this message. It's more of a software than a hardware question.

I finally found a use for my Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000. When I plugged it in Windows 8 found the exact product and installed drivers, I assume. Then I went to the Microsoft hardware center and downloaded the LifeCam 4.2 software. The trouble is, and I have reproduced this several times using elevated privileges etc.. when the software installs it does not install the primary executable. Autoruns indicates it is a file called, for example, lifeexp.exe, and says file not found. Sure enough there is no corresponding file in the install folder. It loads a memres file and that's all. The actual LifeCam dashboard executable is not there.

I triple checked my steps and am sure I got the right software for this cam and for Windows 8 X64. I tried several ways to install it including as admin. Does this in anyway sound familiar? Any ideas?

Thanks so much to all,

#2 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 05 June 2013 - 14:44

It seems Logitech has yet to address this issue. As a work-around you can install the Windows 7 driver and it should work. Use the 3.6 driver instead of the 4.2 and see if that helps.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!