6 posts in this topic

Posted

HI,

I hope this is the place for this message. It's more of a software than a hardware question.

I finally found a use for my Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000. When I plugged it in Windows 8 found the exact product and installed drivers, I assume. Then I went to the Microsoft hardware center and downloaded the LifeCam 4.2 software. The trouble is, and I have reproduced this several times using elevated privileges etc.. when the software installs it does not install the primary executable. Autoruns indicates it is a file called, for example, lifeexp.exe, and says file not found. Sure enough there is no corresponding file in the install folder. It loads a memres file and that's all. The actual LifeCam dashboard executable is not there.

I triple checked my steps and am sure I got the right software for this cam and for Windows 8 X64. I tried several ways to install it including as admin. Does this in anyway sound familiar? Any ideas?

Thanks so much to all,

Posted

It seems Logitech has yet to address this issue. As a work-around you can install the Windows 7 driver and it should work. Use the 3.6 driver instead of the 4.2 and see if that helps.

Posted

Lifecam is microsoft's software, not Logitech.

1 person likes this

Posted

Isn't it their software and hardware? I have a vx3000 that I purchased during the early Vista days, and the box was clearly labeled as a Microsoft hardware product. Still have it somewhere in a box as a matter of fact. ;)

Posted

Had exactly the same problem with my LifeCam Studio. Would be interested to see if there is a fix.

Posted

Yeah I have this issue, too. Forgot about it actually. Surprised they haven't fixed this yet, honestly.