AMD Graphics Card Problem

amd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BoomyBoy

BoomyBoy

Neowinian

Posted 11 June 2013 - 14:58

Hello everybody! I have AMD Radeon HD 7730M on my laptop along with Intel HD 4000 Graphics. After I updated to the latest driver of AMD Radeon HD, I have encountered some problems. Whenever I tried to Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, the game screen kept flashing. I thought it was because of the fact that the game was not compatible with Windows 7. However, I just reinstalled Tropico 4 and I encountered the same problem as well. I used to play Tropico 4 on my laptop without any problem before. I uninstalled the driver and it started running properly. However. my laptop does not recognize my AMD graphics card anymore. It's only Intel HD 4000 Graphics. What should I do about this?

#2 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 11 June 2013 - 15:43

If it's running smoothly without the AMD drivers installed, I'd imagine that's the intel HD 4000 at work.

As for the flashing, you could try a slightly earlier version of the AMD driver until you get the best performances. In my past experience with AMD graphics cards (before I switched to Nvidia in April this year), they tend to be hit and miss with the drivers from time to time.

Also, RCT3 FTW! Wish they'd make a 4th :(

#3 OP BoomyBoy

BoomyBoy

Neowinian

Posted 11 June 2013 - 16:09

I'm gonna reinstall Windows 7 I guess. After I deleted AMD graphics, It kept trying to install the driver as VGA which made AMD Graphics installation error all the time whenever I tried to install the driver

#4 OP BoomyBoy

BoomyBoy

Neowinian

Posted 11 June 2013 - 16:31

If it's running smoothly without the AMD drivers installed, I'd imagine that's the intel HD 4000 at work.

As for the flashing, you could try a slightly earlier version of the AMD driver until you get the best performances. In my past experience with AMD graphics cards (before I switched to Nvidia in April this year), they tend to be hit and miss with the drivers from time to time.

Also, RCT3 FTW! Wish they'd make a 4th :(

I noticed that the games only flicker in full screen mode:/

#5 Ned

Ned

Posted 11 June 2013 - 21:05

I think you have a hybrid graphics card setup that needs a different type of driver. Are you getting the driver off the oem's site or from amd's website? I would stick with the oems drivers if you don't need the latest drivers for any reason.

#6 OP BoomyBoy

BoomyBoy

Neowinian

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:18

I think you have a hybrid graphics card setup that needs a different type of driver. Are you getting the driver off the oem's site or from amd's website? I would stick with the oems drivers if you don't need the latest drivers for any reason.

Yeah! That is what I exactly did! It works now. I can play my games again although some games told me I had to update my driver for a better performance... At least they are working. I have Radeon HD 7730M by the way

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!