Xbox One Features  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Software & Services

• Multitasking OS
    • System wide Skype
    • WinRT App store (rumored)
    • Real currency instead of MS Points
    • Unlimited friends list
    • Game sharing with 10 people (but only 2 simultaneous players)
    • Shared Xbox Live Gold
    • Streaming games (play while game is installing/downloading)
    • Pause/Resume games
    • Cloud Computing / Living Games
    • Game Recording and Streaming (with Twitch.tv)
    • Voice Control
    • Personalized dashboard
    • Background updates and downloads
    • TV Guide
    • NFL Partnership
    • Internet Explorer
    • SmartGlass
    • New achievements system
    • Play games from any console without discs
    • Day 1 digital downloads for all games
  2. 2. Hardware

I thought it would be a nice to have a poll on the new features in Xbox One including those possible with the controversial "DRM".

Software & Services:

• Multitasking OS
  • System wide Skype
  • WinRT App store (rumored)
  • Real currency instead of MS Points
  • Unlimited friends list
  • Game sharing with 10 people (but only 2 simultaneous players)
  • Shared Xbox Live Gold
  • Streaming games (play while game is installing/downloading)
  • Pause/Resume games
  • Cloud Computing / Living Games
  • Game Recording and Streaming (with Twitch.tv)
  • Voice Control
  • Personalized dashboard
  • Background updates and downloads
  • TV Guide
  • NFL Partnership
  • Internet Explorer
  • SmartGlass
  • New achievements system
  • Play games from any console without discs
  • Day 1 digital downloads for all games

Hardware:

• New D-pad
  • Impulse Triggers
  • Flatter battery pack
  • microUSB charging
  • BD Player
  • Near silent operation
  • HDMI In / TV
  • Kinect v2
  • Connected Standby

PLEASE KEEP IT CLEAN.

I'm going to treat the Xboxone as an all digital device, so I'm excited by Day one relase downloads. I'm hoping the Store ends up something like steam where sales happen alot and games eventually become cheaper. i'm not holding my breath but at least at this stage I can be hopefull.

I have a 3 year old so I'm looking forward to better kinect so he can use it, I'm also a bif NFL fan with a Surface pro so it will be interesting how that works.

I'm actually fairly excited for the Xbone, the games at E3 looked great, I game in a relative vacum so I could care less that certain fans of other system are having a field day prancing around the internet. If in the end the Xbone either fails or games start to look bad in comparison i'll simply buy a PS4 at some point.

So the overall concept of the Xbone fits me and my needs well so I'm definately interested in more than a few things.

I'm not really a console gamer at all - I bought a '360 for the Mrs because of kinect (and the dancing/fitness stuff) which nobody else did. At the time it seemed pretty revolutionary compared to sony's dildos and nintendos pretty out-of-date Wii. K2 looks much much better - and by being there all the time I can see devs will make proper use of it this time round (and reading some of the articles on it's proposed uses it sounds very cool). So that and the tri-OS stuff look most significant to me - and I think MS have the edge on software by a mile because of it.

I think the PS4 will be good too - but only the gaming side will probably be comparable. Outside of that it's quite limited imho. I don't think we'll see a huge difference in how games look either - just like the last generation.

I am however (very much) a PC Gamer for reference. I also have an HTPC. I have no allegiance to MS or Sony - just to my wife.. If she's busy playing X1 then I get more gaming time :)

Multitasking OS

Game sharing with 10 people (but only 2 simultaneous players)

Shared Xbox Live Gold

Streaming games (play while game is installing/downloading)

Pause/Resume games

Cloud Computing / Living Games

Background updates and downloads

TV Guide

NFL Partnership

SmartGlass

Play games from any console without discs

Day 1 digital downloads for all games

Hardware

microUSB charging

BD Player

HDMI In / TV

Kinect v2

Connected Standby

Lots of solid reasons to be excited for me!

Definitely cloud compute and how they can leverage that to create amazing game experiences.

That, and I look forward to natural language with my Kinect.

Nice job on the compilation of the features.

Kinect is going to be amazing. I know some people like to brush it off because they've never tried it, but with the updated sensor, amazing things are about to happen, this technology is out of this world. Also day one digital downloads is one of my favorite things. I will probably never buy another disc based game again.

Nice job on the compilation of the features.

Kinect is going to be amazing. I know some people like to brush it off because they've never tried it, but with the updated sensor, amazing things are about to happen, this technology is out of this world. Also day one digital downloads is one of my favorite things. I will probably never buy another disc based game again.

me too and no more scratched games :)

The family game sharing sounds great.

The Kinect integration with games sounds nifty (such as In DR3 the Kinect can pick up ambient sounds in the room and "notify" the zombies).

The family game sharing sounds great.

The Kinect integration with games sounds nifty (such as In DR3 the Kinect can pick up ambient sounds in the room and "notify" the zombies).

ahaha I think this would be fun, when playing with your friends in the room, try whispering. if you talk loud they WILL hear you, if you whisper they might not hear you, but if you whisper too loud (or someone's phone goes off while trying to sneak past a hurd) ahahaha epic!!! also as if the zombies are actually there listening.

I voted for a 6 things that interest me, besides playing a game:

RT App Store

Smartglass

Real Currency

D-Pad

Impulse Triggers

Blu-ray

Of those 6, notice that the RT app store can be satisfied by Apple's Apple TV (if Apple ever gets its act together), and the smartglass functionality has to actually work. As in I was using a Windows Phone 8 + 360 last night and it was embarrassingly crappy, I wished I had an iPhone to do airplay instead.

If Microsoft were to take the results of this pole to figure out how to better market the 360, they would have to say it can play blu-rays, and doesn't need a disc to play a game. This console launch is seriously screwed up.

i wish the "Pause/Resume games" features can be evolved into 'Savestate games, any time, any where', so far only emulators can do this correctly.

Considering you could be working with hundreds of megs of data at any time that could be a very, very big save folder.

Considering you could be working with hundreds of megs of data at any time that could be a very, very big save folder.

I think it would be doable. Since the xbone stays on (goes into a low power state), it could easily just cache an "in progress" game to the hard drive before going to "sleep".

Game sharing with 10 people (but only 2 simultaneous players) Confirmed?

Yes. and it's any 10 people, don't have to be in the same household.

Link to confirmation? Not being a dick, I just haven't read that anywhere.

Just to clarify, it's the game owner and one other that can play the same game simultaneously. Two of your friends can't play against each other if you've purchased the game.

Link to confirmation? Not being a dick, I just haven't read that anywhere.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/

See the box on the left

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house?I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

Just to clarify, it's the game owner and one other that can play the same game simultaneously. Two of your friends can't play against each other if you've purchased the game.

Oh..right.

The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time.

I as said in another topic, I read that as... Once you share your copy, it is now classed as shared (lent out), and only one of you can play it at a time. Meaning you won't be playing co-op via sharing.

It's not 100% clear to me either way.

I think it would be doable. Since the xbone stays on (goes into a low power state), it could easily just cache an "in progress" game to the hard drive before going to "sleep".

The biggest problem I can see with that is RAM is still not perfect. It's one of the biggest sources of problems with modern machines. So having errors in your data might be caught by a save process but could just get worse with a full on save state.

And since we're talking about games that can use a crapload of RAM I don't see it happening.

ReRAM is almost out supposedly though, so it'd be pretty easy on PCs down the road (and future consoles.)

I do like the controller design elements and would be very interested in a Windows PC version / compatibility.

The controller has a world class look to it, which I will be happy to use for gaming on my PC. (Y)

Just wish it supplied an audio or headset port.

I think it has a standard 3.5mm port now.

Being able to stream to Twitch without the hassle of having a separate capture card and computer nearby to encode/upload/stream the video would be nice (assuming it works properly and allows commentary).