Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello gang,

I am learning about Metro apps and found the Theme Transitions. Specifically the EntranceThemeTransition, I have loading a list of menus and the top menu is to be larger than all the others. I have not been able to find if there is a built in transition for me to us to affect just one item as the all load in via the EntranceThemeTransition.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Posted

Hmm, what exactly are you trying to achieve here, just so I'm clear - to animate in just the one top menu and not the others?

Posted

The app has a list of items.  The top item is larger than all the others (to help show that it is the current item.  This is a media player for your tv)  The menu when shifting from position two to position one should get larger.  I started rebuilding this app for Windows 7, and manually used C# code to have this affect (along with fading the icon from Black and White to Color)  But now there are Windows 8 Transitions so I have been looking into those.  The entrance theme works great to load the initial list.  But I would like to have the top item get larger during a Reposition theme.

Did that make my question easier?

Posted

Ah yes, that helped. Unfortuantely that's not possible with ThemeAnimations / Transitions - you'll have to continue doing that in code.

Posted

Ah yes, that helped. Unfortuantely that's not possible with ThemeAnimations / Transitions - you'll have to continue doing that in code.

Thanks, and that does make me feel a bit better.  At least I'm not blind/unable to find the solution as there isn't one.

Have a great day, and thank you again for the help

Peace.