PS4 vs Xbox One Comparison Chart

Skype put under Cross Game Chat? lmao

I'd say that makes sense. Microsoft own Skype anyway, why bother putting something together when you have already paid for a product that achieves the same thing?

I'd say that makes sense. Microsoft own Skype anyway, why bother putting something together when you have already paid for a product that achieves the same thing?

Because cross game chat has been on xbox live forever?

Skype would be more like ability to recieve calls or something, which would be a totally different category.

• Like 1

1. "Between" is mispelled in "Shared Betwen all household members".

2. Also the shared game library for Xbox One is not just household members but anyone on your designated shared list (one person per game, up to 10) which could be friends or family 1000 miles away.

3. And I think Final Fantasy XV is a PS4 exclusive also.

4. Diablo III should be multi-platform as already stated.

Other then that, nice list.

3. And I think Final Fantasy XV is a PS4 exclusive also.

It's not.

I do believe Minecraft should be at least under XO/PC since it's not going to be the same version as the 360 one.

And, there are a couple of things mission from the list.

Xbox One

• Supports external HDDs
  • Netflix and other streaming services continue to require Live Gold membership

PS4

• HDD is user-replaceable/upgradable.
  • PSN+ also includes cloud saves
  • PSN+ can also be shared among household members
  • Paid streaming services, like Netflix, do not require PSN+

BTW, this list has been retrieved from r/gaming, so I don't think this is the latest version.

EDIT: >.< it says so at the top... this is the June 10th version from /r/gaming my bad :(

The Xbox One supports external HDDs.

And, there are a couple of things mission from the PS4 side.

• HDD is user-replaceable/upgradable.
  • PSN+ also includes cloud saves
  • PSN+ can also be shared among household members
  • Paid streaming services, like Netflix, do not require PSN+

Woah, really (the one in bold)? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, and after some Googling it seems as though this has been in effect since it came out?

Missing the game share on XB1 side (without sharing primary account which is not practical for people like me).

Woah, really (the one in bold)? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, and after some Googling it seems as though this has been in effect since it came out?

I believe it's one PSN+ per console (same as XB1).

Because cross game chat has been on xbox live forever?

Skype would be more like ability to recieve calls or something, which would be a totally different category.

So you want them to offer cross-game chat, and then offer a Skype application separately? It seems a bit pointless to me, but fair enough.

That is a crap load of games. I guess I should get around to playing some of the massive backlog that I have before buying a ton more.

So you want them to offer cross-game chat, and then offer a Skype application separately? It seems a bit pointless to me, but fair enough.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you...

I mean, Xbox Live has had Cross game chat for a while, it's part of the platform (you can join groups and each person can be in a different game). In the other hand, Skype in Xbox One is something that comes like an overlay (or something), that works in the background (like the group chat, but it's an entirely different application). You can receive calls (or make them) while playing a game, and this is a different feature than the group chat offered by Xbox Live.

Are you saying this or something else?

EDIT: I kinda get you... you are saying that they are ditching the group chat feature for Skype. has there been any confirmation of this or it just seems logical?

That is a crap load of games. I guess I should get around to playing some of the massive backlog that I have before buying a ton more.

I get you... I should stop playing the same games over and over...

EDIT: I kinda get you... you are saying that they are ditching the group chat feature for Skype. has there been any confirmation of this or it just seems logical?

I think they mentioned as such during reveal: XB1 is the only device where skype group chat is free(as in requires Gold :p).

It's not.

I do believe Minecraft should be at least under XO/PC since it's not going to be the same version as the 360 one.

My mistake, just found some sources stating its not a PS4 exclusive, thanks for the catch. Final Fantasy XV was one reason I'd want the PS4 over the Xbox One, but I'm leaning toward the Xbox One even more now.

Missing a lot of into on the 360 controller, including the headphone jack and the IR thing use by the kinect. They're also listing early access to betas for PSN+ but not for XBL.

^ Ahh gotcha!

The whole voice chat on Live is being replaced with skype.

The whole voice chat on Live is being replaced with skype.

Aaah, that's awesome! :)

I'm so excited for the XO now that I can afford my own stuff. LOL

And PS+ will continue to give free games. Drive Club already having been announced as free at launch for PS+.

Microsoft hasn't officially announced (that I've seen) that X1 will get free games through XBLGold, only that 360 users will get them up until launch (and since those aren't backwards compatible, that shouldn't be listed under XBL until announced).