windows 7 winload.exe 0xc0000001 wont boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Computer Enthusiast^^

Posted 19 June 2013 - 18:45

Hey Neowin^^

Does anyone have a idea how to solve Windows 7 not booting with the following error after the BIOS? >.<

Windows/system32/winload.exe
error code 0xc0000001

I googled around but my findings were inconsistent at best :/ I can't say much about the PC either as it is not mine although it seems to be a Intel i5 system with a AMD graphics-card and 4GB RAM. Other than that the PC worked fine this morning and was shut down normally only to display this error after being turned on this evening. I will post more info as I get it and thanks for any help in advance!^^

Oh and my first guess was that the HDD or the SATA cable somehow went wonky though I doubt that now since as far as I know the PC only has one HDD and if that couldn't be detected the bootloader shouldn't be present at all right? D:

#2 jren207

jren207

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 19 June 2013 - 19:23

Does the drive appear properly in the BIOS, like its model number, firmware version etc (and not garbage characters)? If not then it could be, like you said, a faulty cable or faulty HDD itself.

If it still appears, then, if you have access to it, use a Windows 7 DVD/USB flash drive to try and repair the bootloader.

Failing that, it could be a failing drive, so try running a bootable disk checking utility, or take the drive out and connect it to another system, to run an application in windows to check the drive.

#3 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 June 2013 - 19:30

The very first thing I do to a computer that comes into my office with a corrupt registry, missing file or BSOD causing the system not to boot is scan the hard drive for bad sectors with spinrite. I do this to make sure I won't  be chasing my tail trying to trouble shoot the issue. Once the drive shows a clean bill of heath, then I start trouble shooting.

#4 OP SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Computer Enthusiast^^

Posted 19 June 2013 - 21:09

Does the drive appear properly in the BIOS, like its model number, firmware version etc (and not garbage characters)? If not then it could be, like you said, a faulty cable or faulty HDD itself.

If it still appears, then, if you have access to it, use a Windows 7 DVD/USB flash drive to try and repair the bootloader.

Failing that, it could be a failing drive, so try running a bootable disk checking utility, or take the drive out and connect it to another system, to run an application in windows to check the drive.

Hmm alright, I can't check the BIOS myself but I will ask for it to be checked and oh right I forgot that there are bootdisks that thanks for reminding me, I really hope it isn't the drive itself though atleast I have confirmation on my suspicion now so thanks^^

The very first thing I do to a computer that comes into my office with a corrupt registry, missing file or BSOD causing the system not to boot is scan the hard drive for bad sectors with spinrite. I do this to make sure I won't  be chasing my tail trying to trouble shoot the issue. Once the drive shows a clean bill of heath, then I start trouble shooting.

Yeah that sounds sensible, the HDD was like said also my first suspect though you can never have too much opinions^^

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!