I have a PS3 60GB PAL (Upgraded to 640GB Seagate) that I'm having trouble with one game that I purchased in the sale on Sunday; "Batman: Arkham City" which is the digital version + DLC from the PlayStation store.
After a random amount of time the game will freeze but the game music will continue - the PS3 will not respond to input controls but will shutdown normally via the console I/O button. It can freeze 10secs after loading or 30 minutes later but always occurs when triggering a random event in the free play city area e.g. level up XP, TYGER radio updates, new Riddler challenge completed. It does not freeze in the closed areas even if the game is left running for hours.
I run at 1080p via HDMI and Digital Optical for 5.1 sound. Believing this to be a potential over-heating issue, I have recently opened and stripped down the console (first time it had ever been opened / warranty sticker was intact), cleaned and re-applied thermal grease (AC-2, similar to AS5 etc). Condition inside console is immaculate despite the age and although the original play-dough paste was very dry, no evidence that it has ever overheated and moderate amounts of dust around the outer shell only.
I have no issues at all with other demanding games inc. Batman: Arkham Asylum (digital), Little Big Planet 2 (digital), Uncharted 3 (digital). Little Big Planet Karting (digital), Metal Gear Solid 4 (disc), Metal Gear Rising (disc) & Black Ops (disc).
I have tried the following:
- Restart console
- Delete game save and restart game
- Delete all content, re-download all content, fresh save
- Delete all content, Safe mode, restore file system, re-download all content, fresh save
- Delete all content, Safe mode, restore file system, Safe mode, rebuild database, re-download all content, fresh save
- Copy save to USB, delete local save, restore from USB (http://www.theparano...corruption-fix/) which worked once to get past Two-Face but now no longer works post Two-Face.
- Loading a 3rd party game save for the same game version much later in the game (Post-Solomon Grundy defeated) but same situation after being in the City area for a random amount of time / event.
Anyone have this game working on a PAL 60GB or know how to resolve this issue please?
I'm about to try contacting Sony about this but I don't think they're going to be forth-coming.