8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hola Australian State of Decay fans,

I have bad news to share: State of Decay has been refused classification by the Australian Classification Board (ACB). We've run afoul of certain prohibitions regarding the depiction of drug use. We're working with Microsoft to come up with options, including changing names of certain medications in the game to comply with ratings requirements. Whatever our path forward, it's going to take a bit.

I know this is frustrating

Posted

Australia is becoming a bigger joke with each passing day

Posted

Nah, it's always been this bad. Stuff that they can get away with on TV gets you instantly banned in a game.

Posted

They tease with finally passing an R18+ classification then they still block games regardless

Posted

The problem with the R18+ is that all it really did was allow for more "high impact" violence. It didn't expand the rating to include drug-use, drug as a reward, sex, etc.

Really it was a bit of an empty victory because games before R18+ that were really violent were being let in under the MA15+ rating. It is good that those < 15 aren't able to get games that are inappropriate for them, but it has done absolutely nothing to include more adult content under R18+.

Posted

Another issue is that the rating board is extremely arbitrary, Saints Row 3 featured a scene where you sell a bunch of prostitutes in a shipping container into sexual slavery, which was totally ok then.

L4D2 was censored because you could kill security guards, while with GTA they had a bigger issue with having prostitutes than they did killing police, etc. The rating board doesn't look at previous reviews when rating a new title, that would be much too logical.
1 person likes this

Posted

Another issue is that the rating board is extremely arbitrary, Saints Row 3 featured a scene where you sell a bunch of prostitutes in a shipping container into sexual slavery, which was totally ok then.

L4D2 was censored because you could kill security guards, while with GTA they had a bigger issue with having prostitutes than they did killing police, etc. The rating board doesn't look at previous reviews when rating a new title, that would be much too logical.

Absolutely true. The whole process seems to be entirely random.

Posted

I'm glad I live in a country that doesn't ban games in this manner.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0