Today i gave my unused copy of Windows Vista to my Aunt

XP > Vista. To this day, I love XP and it remains (to me) only 2nd to Windows 7.

"Today i gave my unused copy of Windows Vista to my Aunt"

The Vista plaque 2.1

Don't know why you felt the need to punish your aunt like that. Did she do anything to you?

I used to have XP it works well on me probably that last for 3years on me then i sold it and a year ago i got Vista but I can say XP real classic and the features are really usedful, i would still be ok having XP! but you are kind though' for sure your Aunt is really touched with your kindness *thumbs up for you! cheers! :)

I was never a Vista hater but I cant really see the point in "upgrading" to it. You're moving from a really old OS to a slightly less old OS. If Win8 isn't an option for her I'm sure you can get a 7 license for really cheap, it'd be more than worth it. 

As for me, no XP has been in my house for years lol. We have 4 Windows 8 PCs and 1 laptop still on 7.

At work there's only 1 pc left with XP (actually Windows Server 2003), hopefully it'll get replaced within the next year but its far more likely IT here will make us just keep using it but restrict use to our company's software. *sigh*

too cheap to find a win7 licence for her??   which actually performs better on lower spec machines.

shame on you, you must really dislike her... as putting vista on low machine will make it less usable then XP she had!

silly you, disliking your aunt.

too cheap to find a win7 licence for her??   which actually performs better on lower spec machines.

shame on you, you must really dislike her... as putting vista on low machine will make it less usable then XP she had!

silly you, disliking your aunt.

it cost neither of us any money. it pushed back her need to upgrade by 3 years according to Microsoft's EOL chart to sometime in 2017. You're right I was being cheap. I'm not rich either. I put something that wasn't being used to good use and I ended the use of windows xp on one more computer.

I used to be an adventurer  in XP until I took an arrow to the knee. ( W32/Sality.gen! )

Vista ain't bad at all , atleast compared to XP. I never had problem with it , my hardware could handle it and it was 1000x more secure to me than Windows XP.

Auntie will have a hard time on disabling UAC .  :woot: