What backpacks do you use?

Didn't want to hijack the other thread.

Thinking of getting an Everki for my y410p/folder with notes/ kindle/ a large book when using public transport.

Was looking at their(Everki) up to 16" backpack or the Beacon. I walk four miles per day so it being comfortable would be great.

DON'T care much about looks.

Thinking of paying around 100 USD.

What do you guys use? What would you recommend.

• Like 2

I personally swear by bags made by Crumpler.  They're strong, secure, pretty waterproof, fairly stylish, comfortable (with loads of support) and the zip is on the side closest to you deterring opportunist thieves!  Oh and many of them have detachable laptop compartments that velcro in so you can remove and use it as a weekend bag for those times you don't need your laptop.

Can get good deals on them in the UK, unsure about Australia.  Their web-site http://www.crumpler.com/au/ at least shows they stock them in your region.

• Like 2

Hello,

Right now I am using a Tumi backpack which I got from them at a substantial discount after they couldn't repair my previous one.  Tumi no longer offers a lifetime warranty, though, so I probably won't buy from them, anymore.

Manufacturers with lifetime warranties include:

I would suggest looking around on eBags.com, even if you don't buy from them, they seem to have the best comparison-shopping engine for computer cases/backpacks/sleeves/messenger bags/etc.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• 3 weeks later...