Nvidia Drivers

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 July 2013 - 19:39

PhysX was developed by AGEIA Technologies... Then it used to run in your main processor. Then Nvida bought them out, now the new versions of PhysX required you to have a Nvidia GPU to run properly.

I knew that, as I had been following the birth and death of AGEIA as a separate technology - AGEIA still supported separate dedicated PhysX cards after their acquisition by nVidia, but mainly for developers.  The issue for AGEIA was that PhysX cards cost too much to be standard fare alongside both a GPU and sound card.  The side-benefit (for nVidia) was that their GPUs are overpowered enough that adding PhysX to the task queue doesn't tax them overmuch - not even such old GPUs as the GTX 400 and 500 series.

#17 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 26 July 2013 - 19:54

I installed it running Two GT650M Cards in SLI with Windows 8 and so long as I do not turn on V Sync it works great, if I turn on VSync the driver Crashes and I get a BSOD Back to my 320.14 Beta drivers (most stable i have found for my use)

#18 OP Star-Pirate

Star-Pirate

Privateer

Posted 26 July 2013 - 20:24

I knew that, as I had been following the birth and death of AGEIA as a separate technology - AGEIA still supported separate dedicated PhysX cards after their acquisition by nVidia, but mainly for developers.  The issue for AGEIA was that PhysX cards cost too much to be standard fare alongside both a GPU and sound card.  The side-benefit (for nVidia) was that their GPUs are overpowered enough that adding PhysX to the task queue doesn't tax them overmuch - not even such old GPUs as the GTX 400 and 500 series.

Ah! those where the days... when PhysX needed a separate card to run. PhysX is good but there are not a lot of games out which support it or use it to any extent even if they do.

#19 OP Star-Pirate

Star-Pirate

Privateer

Posted 30 July 2013 - 23:19

Hi, Nvidia has just released a new beta driver 326.41

Release Summary

This driver enables GeForce to SHIELD streaming and is also a recommended driver update for the Windows 8.1 Preview. GeForce R326 drivers also provide performance increases for a variety of different games.

New in GeForce R326 Drivers

• Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
  • GeForce GTX 770:
    • Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
    • Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
  • GeForce GTX 770 SLI:
    • Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
    • Up to 11% in F1 2012
  • SLI Technology
    • Added SLI profile for Spinter Cell: Blacklist
    • Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins
  • 4K Displays
    • Adds support for additional tiled 4K displays
    • Extended support for tiled 4K features

Additional Details

• Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0604.
  • Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
  • Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvi...om/cuda-toolkit
  • Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
  • Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
  • Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Download links...

64bit http://www.nvidia.co...-driver-uk.html

32bit http://www.nvidia.co...-driver-uk.html

#20 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Note ICS

Posted 17 August 2013 - 22:46

Your probably right.. as I have friends who I have installed Gigabyte GTX 660 OC's in there computers, and they have never had problems with 320 series of drivers.

I have an issue with 320 series and BF3 on my 3Gb SC EVGA 660Ti BF3 stops responding at least once a gaming session, dropping back to 314s it plays all day long not 1 hiccup. (Win 7Ultimate SP1 x64)

#21 OP Star-Pirate

Star-Pirate

Privateer

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:23

I have looked through the NVIDIA forum, and it seems all the issues we have been having are known to NVIDIA... The only comment from NVIDIA on the forum about the problems is 'We are working on the issues with the drivers'.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!