PS4 Social Feature: Spectator Bonus.

Firstly I'd like to point out I am not talking about 'Spectator Mode' in FPS games where you look over another player in 1st Person View or 3rd Person View.

I mean the new social feature on the PS4 which allows people on your PS4 friends list to watch whatever game you are playing from another PS4, PC, smartphone, tablet or vita.

But while they are watching what your doing they can give you a bonus, its been used in an example in the game Knack where you are vs'ing a boss and your running low on health friends can give you a health bonus which recovers your HP if you've allowed sent bonuses.

It seems like a good idea at first, but I see it taking the pathway of IOS Games. For example Candy Crush which you link to facebook and invite your friends to play for bonuses.. once friends join they can send you lives.

It eventually becomes spam, all your friends spamming you for game points or bonuses, I am hoping the PS4 won't allow players to request support or send invites for game points of some sort but the fact they are bringing in a few F2P titles, putting a lot of focus on Indies and increases the PS friends list to 2000 friends suggest otherwise.. What is your opinions about this feature?

As you said, so long as it doesn't create a mass of spam messages I think it would be ok. Have an option somewhere to allow or restrict people from spectating. Of course, I would have mine switched off most of the time anyway; a game that makes it impossible to complete something without the help of spectators would be horrible.

As you said, so long as it doesn't create a mass of spam messages I think it would be ok. Have an option somewhere to allow or restrict people from spectating. Of course, I would have mine switched off most of the time anyway; a game that makes it impossible to complete something without the help of spectators would be horrible.

Ah Yes, I didn't even think of those types of games where they make goals/quests for completing missions. 

example: Get 10 Spectators to complete this mission.

I'm guessing it will have trophy's for these and maybe games revolving around social interaction (Like Sims or something) but hopefully not for any others.