Question

Posted

I'm looking for a replacement motherboard for my [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0031AK5CE]Asus 1156 P7H55-M PRO M-ATX[/url], which has... gone wrong.

I have an Intel Core i3 530 processor which I plan to use.  Currently have four hard drives hooked up with space in the case for another three (although I guess I can use a card for additional slots).

This will be for a HTPC playing 1080p content, not 3D as yet but probably in the future.  The only other requirement is that it has HDMI out so I don't need a graphics card.  It'll be running Windows 7.

I have very little idea what is best when it comes to motherboards but I have a

6 answers to this question

Posted

Drivers that do not correspond to hardware IDs will not be loaded anyway. No need to reinstall, sysprep only if you have enough time on your hands.

Anyway, 1156 boards are a great rarity as it is - they're out of stock everywhere. Finding a board that has HDMI (therefore, H55 only) will be even more of a challenge. I'd say take what you can get.

Posted

I thought 1156 were the main ones?

That's disappointing to know as I only bought the system a couple of years ago!

Posted

Yes, it went pretty quickly to 1155 - that one is the main one and, unfortunately, not compatible. And now there's the new 1150 which also isn't compatible. That's Intel...

Posted

Boo.

Unless my processor is compatible with any other socket motherboard?  The link above is a 1155 board, yet my original one is a 1156 :/

Don't really know the difference but it's a pretty bare bones system so only the processor, ram and four hard drives are in there.  No DVD drive or anything.