Ebay Problems

I recently sold a very old road bike on eBay and the person hasn't paid for it still. I accepted the persons best offer at 2:00 am last night and its now 9:00pm and haven't gotten payment yet.  The buyer has 100% feedback and has been on eBay for since 2005 with many purchases. I sent out an invoice this morning and the person still hasn't paid. Tonight I sent a message and still haven't gotten a response.  I have had such many awful experiences with eBay ranging from PayPal withholding my funds, to Nigerian scammers, to people not paying, people making excuses, and much more.  What should I do and what experiences have you had with eBay?

I would start by sending the buyer a message via ebay. Perhaps this buyer had something come up and hasn't been online...

Also, Paypal withholds your funds for up to 21 days for your and the buyers protection. Basically to make sure there are no discrepancies with the transaction, e.g. buyer didn't receive the product as listed in the ad, some items missing, etc...

Might be too soon to worry. Give it another day or two. Some people are just slow to pay.

I've had a couple of scammers though, buying an item but asking to ship to an unverified address, or international buyers in China who bid on an item even though I clearly stated US only. eBay took the buyer's side oddly enough and did not refund my listing fee. That was the last time I sold anything on eBay.

I have gotten enough feedback now to where paypal doesn't hold my funds. I'll probably wait to see if the person pays. I stopped using ebay for a while because of all the problems I've had with it.

Most ebay listings have 3 or 5 days (or whatever seller's choice) before the payment is due otherwise you can re-list the listings..

Maybe someone has something came up on his/her side ... such as funeral, stuck at work because of more paperwork to do, etc.

If buyer is not interested in the item you are selling, he/she will let you know and wants you to cancel the bid.

Just give some time before you get reply or a payment for the item(s).

Just received a payment yesterday. My item is pickup only and I have emailed this person 4 times now and still no response.  The person sent an offer and I accepted it. Now, the person sent a payment, and I cant contact him ugh.

Just received a payment yesterday. My item is pickup only and I have emailed this person 4 times now and still no response.  The person sent an offer and I accepted it. Now, the person sent a payment, and I cant contact him ugh.

If no response at all in the next 5 days, then send the payment back to him and leave a message saying 'you have not pick the item up.  I am re-listing the auction.'

If the buyer wants you to ship it, ask him to add a shipping fee.

They will contact you soon enough if they have paid and not got the goods so dont rush it unless you wont be in for collection any time soon.As for contacting some people do have other things like family and such which get in the way of internetting :D

Whilst on the subject, what gets me is some peeps still want you to post an item even when you state pick up only.

I am going to wait until they contact me, even if its a week or two. I do have the money so, I really shouldn't worry. Also , its a 50 year old bike, and is the reason its pick up only. If this person really wanted the bike, they would have paid right then, and asked to arrange a pick up time. All this ebay trouble and their fees is why I use Craigslist more.

If no response at all in the next 5 days, then send the payment back to him and leave a message saying 'you have not pick the item up.  I am re-listing the auction.'

If the buyer wants you to ship it, ask him to add a shipping fee.

I have the money, but I do not want to spend any of it until they've picked it up (in case I need to refund it). I am just going to stick it out as long as possible, until I get some communication about the bike. They additionally  the buyer cannot file a claim that they never received the item because it clearly states twice, Pick Up Only. Maybe they are busy, but still its not that difficult to respond to a email. If they took the time to send an offer, and send a payment, they should have the time to respond to my messages.

I didn't say spend your money.. I said send it back (refund)

Yes I know you said to send it back. I am going to wait it out until I get some response. If this  is in fact a scammer, they are the ones in the pickle because it clearly says pick up only, and they sent me the money also. I just want to get rid of this bike because I have very little room in my shed outside. I have had it with ebay from their scammers, to delinquent buyers, god awful policies and their fees. Ebay was a wonderful site back 10+ years ago, all of the changes made to eBay ruined the experience of selling on the site.

Something is very suspicious about this buyer also, because the shipping and where the buyer is located it totally different. The shipping address in in Brooklyn NY, and there location is near the Hamptons. The buyer has positive feedback and has been apart of ebay since 2005, but I am suspecting the account may be hacked.

I think you are too antsy.  I have bought things but forgot to click the "Submit" button to finish the payment.  Then when I check the next day to see if it shipped, I notice it says I hadn't paid.    Also, I have seen friends that live in Canada, and have things shipped to friends in the states, as the companies only do US shipping.

It has been 3 days since the buyer paid, and there is still no response from him about picking the bike up. I have sent several emails out and I am getting zero replies back. I am getting very frustrated with this "person". If the buyer truly wanted the item, they would have reached out asap about picking it up. Ebay suggested to call the buyer, but I would rather wait for a reply.