Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

35 posts in this topic

Posted

UK

iPhone 5, 16GB

Posted

<snip>

The reason I wanted to post this was because many people around here complain about how expensive the iPhone is.  Personally I don't have the full knowledge of why they think that way, so above anything else, I'd like to hear some justification behind that mentality.  Yes I know that the out-of-contract price for the iPhone is generally a bit more than everybody else, but people would have to be out of their mind to pay those prices over doing a contract deal.

<snip>

I admit I didn't read most of your post :p But I have to comment on the section I've quoted.

I bought an iPhone 3G new from Apple for

Posted

I don't think anyone in the US thinks iPhone is expensive. You can get the iPhone 4 for free on a two year contract...The service is the expensive part, not the phone (well at least subsidized).

Exactly. The carriers are making a killing on us. I use AT&T as well and I paid $299 for my Note II at the time and around $200 a month for my plan (me and the wife). The iPhone would at least been a bit cheaper upfront than my Note II.

Posted

Mind blowing that people would spend so much money on a phone.  Makes me glad I get a free one from work and use VOIP at home for $7 a month.

Posted

I admit I didn't read most of your post :p But I have to comment on the section I've quoted.

I bought an iPhone 3G new from Apple for

Posted

Phone - iPhone 5 16gb Black - Vodafone IE -

Posted

For me, on T-Mobile US, the costs aren't too bad in comparison to most.

Phone: Nexus 4 - $349 (I always buy unlocked so this has no ongoing carrier related costs)

Plan: $70/m ($940/y or $1680 over a typical US contract term) for unlimited everything (Minutes, SMS, MMS, Data, etc.)

Posted

Mind blowing that people would spend so much money on a phone.  Makes me glad I get a free one from work and use VOIP at home for $7 a month.

Yes, it is, and something needs to be done in the US to address it.

Posted

Yes, it is, and something needs to be done in the US to address it.

I don't foresee anyone taking steps.  People are obviously willing to pay for the latest and greatest.  Any attempt by the government to control it will simply be knocked down by contributions from the providers.....money, people are giving them by signing up with these plans.

Posted

India - $750 for iPhone 5 16GB (Unlocked) = Rs. 45,000

$7 per month for 300 minutes of nationwide calling + 300 Texts + 300 mb of 3G + Unlimited 2G Data 

Not to mention calling rates are very cheap, its like $1 for 2 hours of nationwide talking.

Interestingly, last year the $ rates were better so comparatively an iPhone 4S 16GB costed $900 @ Rs. 45,000