16 posts in this topic

Posted

Plants Vs Zombies 2 Finally Coming To The App Store Tomorrow

pvz2-640x640.jpg

It

Posted

It sure has been a long time coming. 

Posted

As usual, they've skipped out on Android for the time being.

Carmageddon came out 7 months after the iOS release, and Batman: Arkham City Lockdown came out 1.5 years after the iOS release.

I miss iOS gaming :(

Posted

As usual, they've skipped out on Android for the time being.

Carmageddon came out 7 months after the iOS release, and Batman: Arkham City Lockdown came out 1.5 years after the iOS release.

I miss iOS gaming :(

Don't stress too much PvZ 2 isn't really any good, the original is much much better.

Posted

Don't stress too much PvZ 2 isn't really any good, the original is much much better.

It wasn't really my point.

Posted

It wasn't really my point.

I know, your point was that everything is released to the Android ecosystem much later than the IOS one. I was just being nice.

1 person likes this

Posted

So. this question coming from somebody who's never played the original...

Can somebody explain to me why PvZ 2 is free and PvZ is still a paid for app.? Have they added micro payments into the 2nd one or something to offset the price cost.?

I downloaded it yesterday purely because it was free, seems ok I suppose. Shrug.

Posted

So. this question coming from somebody who's never played the original...

Can somebody explain to me why PvZ 2 is free and PvZ is still a paid for app.? Have they added micro payments into the 2nd one or something to offset the price cost.?

I downloaded it yesterday purely because it was free, seems ok I suppose. Shrug.

They do indeed use a microtransaction payment system.

Posted

I honestly don't get why its exclusive to iOS, it's not like they're making money from keeping it exclusive?

I'd gladly play this on Android but I guess they don't want my money. Oh well.

Posted

I honestly don't get why its exclusive to iOS, it's not like they're making money from keeping it exclusive?

Because there isn't as much money involved in Android gaming, so they developed it for iOS first.

Posted

It's not exclusive to iOS, they've already said they're working on other platforms. iOS brings in significantly more money than Android though, and it's easier to develop for (i.e. you don't have to test a million different devices with different screen sizes, resolutions, hardware configurations, operating system versions, etc.) so it makes sense to release it first.
2 people like this

Posted

It's not exclusive to iOS, they've already said they're working on other platforms. iOS brings in significantly more money than Android though, and it's easier to develop for (i.e. you don't have to test a million different devices with different screen sizes, resolutions, hardware configurations, operating system versions, etc.) so it makes sense to release it first.

Perfect answer :)

Posted

PopCap

Posted

I'm just going by what the article says to be honest

Yeah, the article is misleading (well, it is CultOfMac so they usually pretend other platforms don't exist), the original Popcap blog post gives additional details:

Plants vs. Zombies 2 is free-to-play and initially available exclusively on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, with more platforms to be added later this year and beyond. That

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, the article is misleading (well, it is CultOfMac so they usually pretend other platforms don't exist), the original Popcap blog post gives additional details:

http://blog.popcap.com/2013/08/15/plants-vs-zombies-2-available-now/

Ah, nice one, many thanks mate! I look forward to PvZ 2 :D

Posted

I've downloaded it but yet to try it. From what I've heard though it's been spoiled with iAP.

Looking forward to Garden Warfare a lot more tbh.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0