Photo

Which Company Do You Respect Most Right Now?

microsoft apple google

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Company Respect

Currently, which company has your most respect

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which is second?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

And who is last?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,545 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:47

Samsung?

Just in, Samsung doing something nice

Samsung Properly Open-Sources exFAT File-System, Phoronix reports.

Now how Microsoft would reacts ?

#17 spy beef

spy beef

Neowinian Senior

• 1,994 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:49

Space X

#18 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• 8,054 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:33

Nokia

#19 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• 9,600 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:42

Nokia

#20 DarkNet

DarkNet

Neowinian

• 929 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:42

My vote was

1. Google
  2. Apple
  3. Microsoft

I based it on innovation. I don't know how else a company can get my respect. I don't work for either of these companies and they certainly don't pay me. So I looked at how much money I spent on these companies in the past 12 months. 

Google: Nexus 4 ($300), Nexus 7 ($199), Nexus 7 (2013) ($199 [Staples $30 discount]), Nexus Q* (Free but I was willing to spend the $299), Chromecast ($35), Nexus Qi Charger ($49), Samsung Chromebox ($349) and a Samsung Chromebook ($249).

Apple: iPad 4 ($529), Apple TV ($99) and iPod Nano ($129)

Microsoft: Xbox 360 (replacing my broken Xbox 360 bought from day 1 [$199]), Office 2013 Professional Plus (Company Discount [$19.99]), Project Professional 2013 (Company Discount [$9.99]) and Visio Professional (Company Discount [$9.99])

You see, companies have to fight for my money. I am not a cheerleader for any company. In fact, I buy from all of these companies if they have a product or service that is right for me. The proof is in the math. :D

Side note, based on these purchases, where do you think I have spent even more money on? You know stuff like, movies, songs, ebooks, apps, games, etc...? You see, I own primarily Google ecosystem devices. Devices like the Nexus Q and Chromecast brought Google's ecosystem into my living room. Those are hard to narrow down but I assure you quite some money was spent on the Google Playstore.

#21 BillyJack

BillyJack

Neowinian

• 750 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:44

Out of the three companies I have the most respect for Microsoft. I think because they have been on the top for so long and that they really never had an effort to really make their products great that a lot of people don't want to give them a chance. For me over the years their OS has been rock solid. I know there are a few bad ones like ME and Vista and when their OSs came out they need some polishing, but lately their OS is great and is well polished out the door. I feel Windows 8 took a step forward with all of the newer stuff added. Support for new devices, SSDs, UEFI, and so on. A lot of people do not like the Modern apps and start and I am not really sure why when you can just stay in the desktop. Sure some people are reporting their OS has got a blue screen or locked up but I can't remember the last time I had either. My PC just doesn't crash. I run two SSD's in raid and if there is a storm and the power goes out my OS comes right back up. No lost boot files or bad files. Think about it. It is way better then what it use to be and has been since XP SP2 to Windows 7.

Most people forget about the good things. They are getting updates out faster, supposedly thinking about our privacy, security has gotten better, their anti-virus software is great, they spend their own money to shut down spam and other bot servers. Bill Gates spends a lot of his money to help others in the world. The list of good things goes on.

I love their phones and how simple they are. I do not have to fuss with settings and other tweaks. The phone is integrate with everything and once you log in to your accounts it is good to go. Nice solid phone. I can remember all of the problems I had with Windows Mobile Phone and Android and I do not miss the problems or trying to find a ROM.

They are doing a better job integrating their hardware. Everything they are doing brings value to me. I use their devices and services. No more stupid jump drives. Everything is in the cloud. I do not need to fuss with installing office on a PC that does not have it to open a document. I can open the office documents in the browser.

I have not personally used a Mac, OSX, or iPhone but I am not naïve. I know Apple's products are great and I suggest to people all the time that if they don't like something of Microsoft then get the Apple equivalent. I use to like Google. Their search engine became great and they offered free email that does a great job at blocking crap. However, over the years their main goal has become prevalent that their only interest is to make money from ads and it seems they will do anything to do it. I can't blame them. Who would. Everybody company and person wants to make money. Some companies do it by actually making great products and services like Microsoft and Apple. Google make money by selling you out. They offer you everything for free with the caveat that you and your personal information will be sold and used. They do not think twice. If you have concerns they offer you more for free. Then everyone, like a sucker, takes their free offers. I do think most people care but at the end say, "Oh well", so that they can keep the free services. Then there are others who do not know and would not even want to know. I remember when Google use to be great. Now when I search for information I get nothing but ads or links to more ads. Google has become great at finding things for sale and horrible at finding information. Unfortunately Bind is not great either.

No matter who you like. There are pros and cons to all three. I know some of you are going to say I am a Microsoft fanboy. I am not. I simply choose what I feel is the best for me and would change anytime something else becomes better. I strongly suggest to always choose the best or at least the second best and not be a fanboy. Definitely don't choose the worse company, products, or service.

#22 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,251 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18

google has gone evil. they don't respect their users privacy. Apple is dead in the water without Steve Jobs... but atleast  all their doing is getting you to voluntarily buy over priced hardware. Microsoft went from the evil corporation a decade ago to probably one of the most respectable in the tech industry. Regarding  what's going on with google blocking an awesome youtube app on windows phone  I just think Microsoft should release a feature in the IE11 that blocks google's ads. no ads = no money. Google will disappear fairly quickly.

#23 Studio384

Studio384

Neowinian

• 1,378 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8.0 GDR3

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:36

I voted for Microsoft. They are the ones that now have the most inovation,and at least, they are not afraid to try something completely different. And I've never seen any other company that spend so much mony to help people in every part of the world. Their Microsoft Research division does also great stuff.

#24 vetsanctified

sanctified

A promise to myself: to be harder, to not care, to be cool.

• 20,559 posts
  • Phone: ..

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:52

FOSS, not because I think the software is necessarily better, but because it's the ethical alternative.

#25 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,083 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:11

1. IBM/Lenovo
  2. Intel
  3. Sony

#26 Gladiatorus

Gladiatorus

Neowinian

• 1,045 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:12

A "None" option is missing.

#27 BillyJack

BillyJack

Neowinian

• 750 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 19:34

I like IBM, Lenovo, Intel and Sony too. Sony makes great products but have always been over priced. I wish they would compete better in the market. Lately they have fallen behind in being innovative too. Why buy their TV if I can get a Samsung or LG for less but just as great. They need to forget about their entertainment division and start focusing on their hardware.

#28 ManMountain

ManMountain

Neowinian

• 882 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 5

Posted 17 August 2013 - 19:37

Microsoft, Google and Samsung

#29 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:35

My vote was

1. Google
  2. Apple
  3. Microsoft

I based it on innovation. 

I was thinking the same thing and voted the same way. Google is doing some incredible things right now. They get my top vote.

#30 OP Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• 6,625 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 14:30

^ Like what?
Streamlining their products isn't innovation.

A "None" option is missing.

It's called the "Null Vote" option :p
I wanted to know out of just those three companies alone.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!