Photo

Tipping in restaurants

tip tipping money restaurants service

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Tipping

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you tip at a dine-in restaurant

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If you do tip, how much do you usually tip?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Asmodai

Asmodai

Neowinian

• 828 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Droid 4

Posted 10 October 2013 - 16:33

I always tip at dine-in restaurants.  The amount is USUALLY around 20% however I round so that that total bill is an even dollar amount (after taxes, tip, etc.).  If I round up or down depends on the quality of the service.  If service is REALLY bad I may go lower but that's unusual.  If it was exceptionally good I may round up to the nearest $5 increment.

#32 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,267 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 16:35

They usually end up tipping me for being so awesome.

#33 xpablo

xpablo

XPablo

• 2,900 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 16:41

TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service

If I get it, I tip if not then I don't and rarely no more than 10% unless the server has done something extra ordinary to improve my dining experience.

I don't get tips in my service job. So the servers should be lucky I even tip 10%, oh I when I go to Buffets or Self Serve places I never tip even if they have a server that brings me drinks.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!