Windows 8.1 RTM gliches I've found, how about you?

even though you can now do half screen of the app and desktop. the apps dont adjust according to the space you give them. words are missplaced and out of line.

plus the screen look ugly with a black bar going down the center, not really a bug....

if stardock can make the app run in the window. why cant microsoft?

I think stardock should make windows 8.2

These might be some of the post RTM Day-One bugs that Microsoft is trying to fix. My guess is they were limited on time and resources, figured they'd fix it with a patch via windows update issued on GA day.

there a update coming out for that.....

:rofl:

I would like to try it, it's supposed to be a completely different animal to stock 8, so I've been told, cannot conform nor deny as I don't have a computer to try it out on, but from what I've seen (screenshots etc... here) I was impressed (and that says something as I was in the anti win 8 camp here)

Anyone notice you can't right click wireless networks and change options anymore? They moved that into the metro control panel, quite buried in there to simply switch sharing on/off or set connection as metered!

Visual Studio 2012 Express refuses to install, as the installer claims compatiblility mode is enabled. :/

That's weird, because Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate installs with no complaints from the installer on Windows 8.1.

(I get access to Visual Studio through DreamSpark Premium so I figured I may as well install the top-of-the-line version if I have access to it.)   :)

I was a little worried installing this as I have setpoint AND the Logitech Gaming software installed on my PC.

I mounted the 8.1 ISO from TechNet, ran an upgrade and all is working perfectly for me. SetPoint and the Logitech gaming software loaded and are working great. All my apps re-installed themselves.

Internet explorer 11 in RTM.... WOW, is this thing fast!! :D

Also the new mail app is amazing! What an update :p Apart from the fact it won't move mail to other folder, but I'm sure that will get fixed. (Working now, strange)

Having the big black bar down the middle for snap has to be that way though, since it has to work with touch as well, if you make it too thin then it could be a pain to change with touch.

That aside apps have to be updated to work with the new 50/50 view, some still default to the 1/3rd view and don't scale to the new 1/2 setting at all.   Anyways, i'm sure those will be updated and fixed in time.   Not really a glitch or anything.

That's weird, because Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate installs with no complaints from the installer on Windows 8.1.

(I get access to Visual Studio through DreamSpark Premium so I figured I may as well install the top-of-the-line version if I have access to it.)   :)

The express version has a different installer from the paid versions, unfortunately. :(

Visual Studio 2013 RC works, but there is no updated Windows Phone SDK yet!