Xbox One will be break-even or profit-making from launch

microsoft xbox

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 .Rob

.Rob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:29

Just cancelled my Xbox One pre-order as its a diabolical waste of money and I really don't like how Kinect is forced upon you. I'll be sticking with just the PS4 at launch and might pick up the Xbox One a year or so down the line when it is hopefully cheaper and there are some games worth playing on it.

#47 SnoopZ

SnoopZ

Resistance is Futile

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:50

Just cancelled my Xbox One pre-order as its a diabolical waste of money and I really don't like how Kinect is forced upon you. I'll be sticking with just the PS4 at launch and might pick up the Xbox One a year or so down the line when it is hopefully cheaper and there are some games worth playing on it.

The Kinect isn't forced upon you as you don't have to plug it in, unless you meant you're forced to buy it?

#48 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:57

I cancelled mine too but for vastly different reasons.  I'll reorder when I can, but for now I'd rather focus on getting our TV and AV setup improved.

Seems kinda awkward to hook Kinect up in my bedroom (only place with anything 1080p until Friday) when it's practically the only gamey thing most of my family has shown the slightest interest in.

#49 .Rob

.Rob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2013 - 13:19

Yes I mean you're forced to purchase it, therefore it is entirely forced on you. Why would you want to pay for something you have no intention of using.

#50 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 18 September 2013 - 16:06

Its only a waste of money if you have no interest in the launch title lineup and the announced games.

That's how I see it for trying to choose between the two.  Get the one with the game you want.  If that's the ps4, go for it. 

The Kinect thing is always going to be an issue.  I don't think it should be something to kill the deal if you like the games coming, but if you aren't interested in them and aren't interested in Kinect, including Kinect would definitely make it easier to NOT get an X1.

As you said though, games you want may come out over the course of the first year.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!