#1 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:32

BF4XboxOne-1-1024x768.jpg

BF4XboxOne-2-768x1024.jpg

Source: http://www.dualshock...h-a-controller/

I honestly feel that this one has some tidbits of information about it which everyone tends to disregard. Before everybody is quick on the bandwagon here to claim that obviously X1 hardware isn't final, or it isn't looking as MS/DICE planned on the X1 you've got to take into account the recent BF4 article for the PS4, the developer information and the fact that the X1 is now actually in mass production. In addition, some of the snidey remarks Albert Penello has made on NeoGAF. The question is, why are they choosing to not show the game? 

#2 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:35

On the plus side, at least Microsoft is running their Windows 8.

#3 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:38

I just still don't see what the big deal is. If the computer there can run the exact same specs as the XB1, I don't see the what the fuss is about. 

#4 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:39

This again? If DICE wants to collect a bit more debug info etc and they already have debug PC units set up, then why wouldn't the use the? These shows are a perfect place to collect such data.

#5 OP JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:43

I just still don't see what the big deal is. If the computer there can run the exact same specs as the XB1, I don't see the what the fuss is about. 

Considering at E3 on the PS4 it was shown on high-end PC's and downgraded when was shown on real hardware, there must be a reason for why its not being shown publicly on the X1 currently since the hardware is final and has been near final for a long time.

#6 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:46

Master race!

#7 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:49

Because system requirements for the same game on PC and Console will be completely different, Consoles generally have more optimized versions, creating better results with the limited hardware than a PC would running the same specs. I'd dread to think what Crysis 3 or Battlefield 3 would look like running on a PC with Xbox 360 hardware.

#8 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:33

Considering at E3 on the PS4 it was shown on high-end PC's and downgraded when was shown on real hardware, there must be a reason for why its not being shown publicly on the X1 currently since the hardware is final and has been near final for a long time.

So, if i'm reading between the lines right you either think BF4 on the XB1 isn't ready or looking good enough to show or that they're holding it back intentionally to blow fans away by how good it does look while it might, for some reason or other, perform sub-par on the PS4?

#9 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:40

The Titanfall PCs there were crazy high-end and not even close to representative of how the game will actually look/run on Xbone.

#10 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:45

The Titanfall PCs there were crazy high-end and not even close to representative of how the game will actually look/run on Xbone.

Might be closer than you'd think since PCs don't have the custom hardware these boxes do.  We won't really be able to say before release.

#11 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:53

You honestly don't see what the problem is in showing one version and claiming it to be another?

#12 ShadowMajestic

ShadowMajestic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:55

Its like trailers. They always look better then the real deal. This has been the case since ever.

#13 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:28

The question is, why are they choosing to not show the game? 

Because the PC is their development platform and where they have the latest and most stable builds. 

#14 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:28

You honestly don't see what the problem is in showing one version and claiming it to be another?

Not if the graphics settings are set to the same.

#15 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 05 September 2013 - 21:00

Is there any evidence that EA is showing off BF4 on pcs and claiming they represent X1/PS4 quality when in fact they are running at higher settings than the consoles can handle?

To me, that is the only part of these debates that means anything.

As long as EA is using a pc to display the quality with appropriate settings, then this is how early dev kits can work, being in pc form.  If they are running the pcs with higher setting then consoles can handle, then they are trying to lie about the product.  Until there is such evidence that is happening, I'm not seeing the problem here.