19 posts in this topic

Posted

Can it be activated?

Thanks

Posted

If you have a valid licence for it yes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you asking to activate legally or other way.......

Posted

Legally. I tried slmgr.vbs /ipk ....

It did not work. An error message.

Posted

Windows 8 MAKs are not supported in Windows 8.1 RTM.  You'll need to wait to receive new MAKs through MSDN/VLSC.

Posted

Will it "wait" until that or stop working?

Posted

Look on the net there are ways to activate...

Posted

<Look on the net there are ways to activate...

Can you please give me a hint what I suppose to look for?

Posted

MAKs are available on VLSC, I have 3 of them, however Enterprise VL SKUs are not available for download yet.

What you can do however, is "downgrade" your Win8 Enterprise install via a registry trick + Win8Pro 'upgrade', then upgrade that Win8 Pro to Win8.1 Pro (works fine, I did it with my own keys and ISOs). All in All it takes 25 minutes on a fast machine.

The only post upgrade tasks I had were : reinstalling my USB3 boost drivers from Asus, and reinstall the latest Catalysts, everything else stayed unchanged through the upgrades

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks, but the thing is that I have already upgraded my W8 Ent to W8.1 Ent. 

Posted

Have windows Enterprise 8.1 activated with a trick of using Enterprise 8.1 eva tokens and serial only the license will expire @ 16-01-2014

But I'm waiting for the technet release of Enterprise 8.1 end of the month  so i can legally activate windows :woot:

Greetz Base

Posted

Have windows Enterprise 8.1 activated with a trick of using Enterprise 8.1 eva tokens and serial only the license will expire @ 16-01-2014

Can you elaborate on that, please? What kind of truck are you talking about?

Posted

What exactly are you wanting us to tell you? What are you aiming for? You have installed an OS that by all purposes doesn't have keys for it yet... particularly an Enterprise version that likely requires KMS or a MAK key that is only for enterprise clients. Maybe wait until keys are released or your work supports it.

Posted

I have a legit windows Enterprise 8.0 key why won't that work on windows 8.1 on october the 17th there will be an update trough windows store will they provide me with another key then ? I have a technet subriction but i want to testdrive the Enterprise edition 8.1 right now so why wait untill they release the rtm version on technet if it's allready out there but with no key.

Posted

I have a legit windows Enterprise 8.0 key why won't that work on windows 8.1 on october the 17th there will be an update trough windows store will they provide me with another key then ? I have a technet subriction but i want to testdrive the Enterprise edition 8.1 right now so why wait untill they release the rtm version on technet if it's allready out there but with no key.

You will have to upgrade your volume license server to V6 when it's released. If you're looking for another way to activate Windows other than going through Microsoft this is not the place to discuss it.

Posted

Oke got the point no worries I will stick to my opinion but will not discuss it here !!

Posted

[[I]Thread cleaned[/I]]

If you're using an enterprise edition you need to contact your volume licensing manager for new keys. We do not allow posting of activation bypassing.

Posted

Yea, still having issues myself. Still waiting for Microsoft to release the .ISO file on their website as well.