diablo diablo 3 blizzard

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:24

Reading about this on various sites there seems to be no one who is disagreeing with the removal of the auction house. People must really have disliked it.

#17 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:29

To bad their whole design and loot system is designed around the auction house.

I hope their loot 2.0 actually means that you get the high level loot based on your level and class for the big bosses. Otherwise this grind game is just getting even more ridiculously grindy.

The fact thei loot and crafting system don't allow you to be fully equipped for your class and level at the end of the game/story is just ridiculous.

#18 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:29

... it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot

You_Don%27t_Say.jpg

Everyone knew this from the start and it ruined the looting experience.  Glad the console version doesn't have this crap.  My guess is that they've already milked what they think they can from the AH and now it's time to rid of it because many people were turned off and not buying the game due to the AH.

the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014.

7 months from now?  :s

#19 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:31

Not just that, but US gamers were actually making real money from it, Yet Blizzard originally never wanted this.

The post exists somewhere about gold farmers in WoW, I cannot find it right now.

Then came the U-turn for Diablo, now reversing the ruling again.......

#20 Garnet H.

Garnet H.

astropheed

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:33

7 months from now?  :s

Not to belittle the duration, but it's actually 6 months.

September - March = June

June = 6

Edit: No, that's not how I actually did the Math. I was just bored. It's still 6 though.

#21 Tha Bloo Monkee

Tha Bloo Monkee

Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:34

Not to belittle the duration, but it's actually 6 months.

I stand corrected.

#22 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 12

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:29

No, that's not how I actually did the Math. I was just bored. It's still 6 though.

I was sat here really confused for a moment, I didn't understand how you got to the conclusion until I worked it out myself. :laugh:

September = 9th month
March = 3rd month
June = 6th month

September - March = June (9 - 3 = 6)

What a bizarre way to get there though. :laugh:

#23 amorphous14

amorphous14

Neowinian

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:38

bloody hell! a great decision, *goes off to fire up D3*

#24 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:42

will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players

Yes, please. A legendary item should have legendary stats on it!

#25 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:42

bloody hell! a great decision, *goes off to fire up D3*

It hasn't actually been removed yet..

#26 myxomatosis

myxomatosis

Shrinking Universe

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:45

Good move Blizzard... late but better than nothing ;)

#27 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 September 2013 - 17:04

I think that this will really improve the game.  The AH kills the progression of difficulty in the game.  If the game at any point becomes challenging, a quick trip to the AH and 2-3 small upgrades and now the game is easy-cakes again.  This makes the various modes of difficulty and Monster Power levels completely arbitrary and there is no real sense of accomplishment by completing any challenges in the game at a higher difficulty if all that you had to do to beat it is spend a little gold on the AH.

In hardcore mode, the AH was a bit more fun because the challenge of not dying, ever, is there.  Also with everyone always leveling in HC mode, selling and buying low level items was funner.  Still, this needs to be done and I'm glad Blizzard finally came to their senses about it.

#28 Kalint

Kalint

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2013 - 17:17

It just means the well dried up.

#29 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 18 September 2013 - 17:37

I think that this will really improve the game.  The AH kills the progression of difficulty in the game.  If the game at any point becomes challenging, a quick trip to the AH and 2-3 small upgrades and now the game is easy-cakes again.  This makes the various modes of difficulty and Monster Power levels completely arbitrary and there is no real sense of accomplishment by completing any challenges in the game at a higher difficulty if all that you had to do to beat it is spend a little gold on the AH.

In hardcore mode, the AH was a bit more fun because the challenge of not dying, ever, is there.  Also with everyone always leveling in HC mode, selling and buying low level items was funner.  Still, this needs to be done and I'm glad Blizzard finally came to their senses about it.

The problem is that the stuff you buy at the AH is stuff that should have dropped for you. As the game was at launch when I played through it the first week was just stupid. Items that dropped where much lower than me. To get a good item I would have had to redo each level 30 times, and even then the drops would be to low.

#30 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 September 2013 - 20:25

The problem is that the stuff you buy at the AH is stuff that should have dropped for you. As the game was at launch when I played through it the first week was just stupid. Items that dropped where much lower than me. To get a good item I would have had to redo each level 30 times, and even then the drops would be to low.

The drop rates were terrible on release.  They have since improved the drop rates to the point that at least making it to Inferno difficulty w/o ever using the AH is possible (but not really so much on HC mode).  It isn't uncommon (in my experience) to see 1-2 legendary drops that are actually decent for some class (most likely not yours) in the first play through on normal.

On launch it was pretty much impossible to farm your own gear once you beat Hell difficulty.  Act 1 didn't drop items with a high enough item level to ever complete Act 1.  It was ridiculous.  Even Hell was a real challenge without visiting the AH, but after many many deaths I pushed through it on my Barb despite the ridicule from friends because I wasn't using the AH.  Really bad decision making on Blizzards part and it was pretty obvious that the motivation for low drop rates were to force everyone to use the gold AH or worse the pay-to-win AH.  Sad to think how much further along the game would be if they had made this decision a year ago.