Arthur Darvill confirms 'Broadchurch' series two role

2013-09-17_23-49-10.png

Arthur Darvill has confirmed that he will appear in series two of Broadchurch.

The former Doctor Who star said in an interview with BBC America that he is "meant to" be reprising his role of the Reverend Paul Coates.

"I'm meant to be doing the next series," he said. "But I actually don't know... whether that's an episode or a whole series.

"I'm in touch with the production company and my agent, [but] it's quite nice not knowing because I really can't give anything away. I'd quite like to find out soon so I can plan my life!"

Speaking to Digital Spy in May, Broadchurch creator Chris Chibnall refused to confirm which members of Broadchurch's cast - which included Olivia Colman and David Tennant - would be back for series two.

"I would take nothing for granted, I would just wait and see!" said the writer.

Chibnall is currently writing the new series, which star Will Mellor has suggested could be a prequel.

A US remake of Broadchurch is also in the works at Fox, with Chibnall writing the pilot episode and also serving as an executive producer.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s218/broadchurch/news/a516220/arthur-darvill-confirms-broadchurch-series-two-role.html

I enjoyed the first season a lot.  Didn't know there was going to be another.

Yeah I am not sure if it's going to be as thrilling as the first though

A US remake of Broadchurch is also in the works at Fox, with Chibnall writing the pilot episode and also serving as an executive producer.

I just don't see why that is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1383855731.jpg

According to many sources including the Radio Times, BBC and The Independent, Olivia Colman has confirmed that she will be returning as DS Ellie Miller for series 2 of Broadchurch!!