6 posts in this topic

I recently had a birthday and was bought a very generous gift of a MS Surface RT 64GB and I wanted to give my honest opinion of the device, as it would seem so many appear keen just to hate MS and anything and everything they make. I am tired of the smartphone / tablet argument. Everyone has different needs and wants from a device and I would say even if I had not have been given it as a gift, I would have still bought one as it suits my needs. Hopefully anyone reading this may find it useful advice for setting up a surface or consider buying one.

Give it time

I have been setting up and using this tablet for near on 4 days now, I am still getting to learn all of the gestures, what it can do and what it can

3 people like this

> my friend was trying to get me to consider which keyboard cover to get, the touch or the type? I think I will go with the touch as if I wanted to type on a proper keyboard... I will just plug one in

Why else would you want to have a keyboard attached to it at all but to type?  I own both; there's a $10 difference between the two, and I cannot see any benefit whatsoever with the Touch keyboard.  I feel typing with it is like pressing the buttons on a microwave oven.  The Type keyboard is nearly as good as a full-blown one.

Mind you, I'm saying this as someone who's proficient with a keyboard, and I get frustrated using any onscreen keyboard--I like key travel and tactile feedback, so the Touch keyboard does little for me.

Seriously, try both for yourself.  It's a no-brainer.

1 person likes this

As _dandy said, get the type cover.  Seems sensible to me.

excellent review. People forget that ie includes flash,so the amount of content you can access on the web is massive. For alot of people,this type of device could be all they really need,especially with office included.

vcfan, on 24 Sept 2013 - 16:11, said:

For alot of people,this type of device could be all they really need,especially with office included.

This!

I plan to buy the Surface 2 and give my RT to my mother as replacement for her dying netbook