Photo

Slow Night-time YouTube

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Ned

Ned

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:11

I was running into problems on youtube and found that the video would just stop downloading and not resume halfway through.

I installed a greasemonkey userscript that replaces the video player with an html5 one and the videos download fine.

http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/87011

#17 statm1

statm1

Neowinian

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:17

I guess I am the opposite.. Having been on TWC internet for almost 10 years now.. Youtube is having less and less buffering issues than before.. Right now night time is when I can pretty much stay on "HD" on every video (on wifi that is). During the day and evening its pretty much hit or miss whether I can stay on HD the whole time or not.. This is having been on OpenDNS for the majority of that time.

#18 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 23 September 2013 - 14:51

Using different DNS will route you to different servers. 

I use OpenDNS and it still does it, from my research its all done through proxies way down the line somewhere that you have no control over except for it was proven before blocking the domain ntli.net fixed the issue

#19 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:14

You might try downloading the videos. Sometimes when I can't watch them because everything is being slow and crappy, I download them instead.