new ps3 owner, game advice?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OP Juan4Ever

Juan4Ever

Just

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:09

Gives the "Tales of" games a try. I personally prefer them over the Final Fantasy games

I was thinking in NI NO KUNI too. Is there one of the "Tales of" which i should start

I too almost exclusively prefer to play FPS's on the PC because of a keyboard and mouse, but with that said, you should strongly consider checking out Killzone.

The main reason is since it is a PS3 exclusive, the controls are absolutely built from the ground up with a controller in mind. As such, the controller works perfect for playing the game itself.

Just something to consider.

Also, may I suggest picking up Real Triggers somewhere.

They add a "trigger" to the dualshock controller, and really do make it better, especially for FPS's.

And they are only around $5.

Thanks, that's a factor i should consider then.

#17 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:18

I was thinking in NI NO KUNI too. Is there one of the "Tales of" which i should start

tales of xillia, the one that just came out a couple months ago is pretty good

it seems to be one of the easier of the series so it'd be a good starting point if you want to start easier

the other 2 that i know personally are Tales of Graces F and Tales of Vesperia. both good as well (if you can for Graces get the F version as it has an extra post main game story line that's really good and wraps things up for the characters)

#18 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:39

no need to apologize for anything Juan, this is a friendly place and there's nothing wrong with your writing. also don't listen to Larry, he's somewhat of a snob when it comes to FPSs :rofl:

try to get into shooters on consoles man, they're awesome. for myself I really do prefer a controller over keyboard and mouse, I even do COD and BF on PC with my Xbox controller heh heh. And I prove that it's not a disadvantage. I definitely don't rule, but I don't get destroyed more than I do with a keyboard and mouse.

So, give it a go. I used to be anti-shooter on console myself until the original Killzone and BLACK finally sold me on it being not only possible, but preferable (except for the better visuals on PC, of course, which will never change).

#19 blade1269

blade1269

Jesus Saved me! A Christian!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:49

Ratchet and clank....even the ps2 hd classics.

#20 blade1269

blade1269

Jesus Saved me! A Christian!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:51

Though the ps store final fantasy 7-9

#21 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 10 October 2013 - 15:07

Thanks, that's a factor i should consider then.

Yeah you absolutely should.

no need to apologize for anything Juan, this is a friendly place and there's nothing wrong with your writing. also don't listen to Larry, he's somewhat of a snob when it comes to FPSs :rofl:

Hey, I have played all the COD's released in the past 5 or so years on a console as well. Also the first Bioshock*. So not a snob, I just know which platform is ultimately better.  :laugh: In all fairness too, it is not always a matter of preferring the keyboard and mouse, although that does play a HUGE factor in it. The graphics are just insanely better on PC as well. For example Crysis 3 from the consoles to a PC. Just no comparison. PC just poo poos on the console versions in every and all regards, especially with a game like it. So there is also that. I have a PC for gaming, and from time to time I try to use it. Truth is I actually do 90% of gaming on consoles these days, and that will just keep climbing until I build a new PC, as it is starting to show it's age.

But I will no doubt play an FPS on the console from time to time. Especially when it is an exclusive (like Killzone or Halo), and also if and when being in my home theater just really amps up the experience (such as the original Bioshock, having it in 6.1 surround sound was just amazing in all regards) and finally just when my friends tend to be playing only the console version (COD), although I do make some exceptions and just say screw my friends, such as with Battlefield. Although I am probably going to double dip on it and pick it up for the consoles as well, PC is no doubt my preferred platform for it, just from a historical experience.

So not really a snob, although I realize it can come off as such. However I prefer the term "purist."  ;)

I actually have another game to add to the list since I just started checking the latter out and have played the former...

Heavy Rain and/or Beyond: Two Souls

Now I recommend those games with a HUGE asterisk, as they are not traditional games by any stretch of the imagination. However I think they need to exist in the medium, as even with their obvious flaws, and there are no doubt flaws, they still attempt to do something honorable and different, and I believe they should be supported and experienced to push games even further.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!