Photo

Galactic Civilizations III Announced!

galactic civilizations iii stardock pc

22 replies to this topic

#16 OP Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 April 2014 - 13:45

There's a dev livestream happening today at 1pm EST where the topic will be ideology, and taking questions in chat about GC3. It will be on the Stardock Twitch channel. :)

#17 OP Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 May 2014 - 17:26

The second big alpha patch has been released today, and the ship designer and has been added!  This is something one of our programmers came up with to show off some crazy things you can do with it. :)

bigwiggle.png

#18 OP Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 May 2014 - 19:08

The tentative schedule has been updated with current info. :)

March 2014: Alpha 1 - First release!
The very first version of the game.

April 2014: Alpha 2 - Shipyard added!
This version addressed early feedback and some new UI improvements, tech tree changes, and ideology tree changes.

June 2014: Alpha 3 - Starports and more!
We’re adding some big features and making huge changes to a few more with this alpha release. This includes larger maps, improved AI, starports, multiplayer fixes, an improved ship designer (based on your feedback from Alpha 2), resources, performance improvements and numerous UI updates.

Summer 2014: Alpha 4 - Even more systems!
We will discuss the features introduced in this patch at a later date.

Late Summer 2014: Beta 1 - (Mostly) feature complete!
Thanks in part to the valuable feedback provided by our Elite Founders, we’ll have most if not all of the major systems and features implemented in the game at this point.

This is also the point during Galactic Civilizations III development at which the Founders Elite Edition goes off sale forever, replaced by the normal $49.99 game.

Fall 2014 to Release: Beta iteration
Anything that didn’t make it into the initial beta release will be added in the following months, and we’ll be polishing, tweaking, and fixing bugs throughout until we’re happy with calling the game “finished.”

And then we’ll get to work on post-launch patches, DLC and expansions, naturally. But it’ll be officially launched at that point.

#19 OP Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 June 2014 - 18:05

We just launched the latest patch for the Galactic Civilizations III alpha! We’re very excited ;)

Dual queues for social/military construction are back (sort of, except much cooler than before – mobile deep-space starports!), planet generation and management is reworked and vastly improved, and performance has taken a huge step forward.

#20 OP Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 July 2014 - 17:47

Alpha 3 patch 1 is out today with new music and multiplayer map sizes, and lots of fixes.

Details here.

#21 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 10 July 2014 - 18:00

I had forgotten I ordered this, had a brief play of the alpha, liking the direction and as always for me all the research and tech options.  Looks like you are on the right track to balance it well between those that like micromanagement vs those who prefer to focus on combat, tech, diplomacy etc.  Keep it up, I won't spoil anything further for myself till launch or maybe the beta. 

I can't recall if there were weapons of planetary destruction in the last one but that was one of my fav things to try and research first in MOO3, please add them if possible :)

#22 OP Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted Yesterday, 19:32

There was in the GCII expansions, and although it might not appear in the base game of GCIII, there will be something like that. :)

#23 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian

Posted Yesterday, 19:36

I loved GCII, but the one area that would bite me in the rear is forgetting to re-design and having an out of date fleet.

Is there plans to have "stock" auto update plans as well as the ship customization?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!