Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone tried this out yet? I just got an email giving me a closed alpha key. Downloading it now, shame they didn't just go with Generals 2.

Posted

Just what C&C are we talking about? But since they totally wrecked the franchise I don't think I'm even interested anymore.

Posted

Just what C&C are we talking about? But since they totally wrecked the franchise I don't think I'm even interested anymore.

The new one, it's just called Command and Conquer. It was suppose to be Generals 2, but they scrapped the name and made it F2P.

What game franchise hasn't EA wrecked? I've downloaded it, but I'm finding it hard to hit the play button to check out what it's like...

Posted

Click play...

Posted

Woa woa F2P? I think we all know what it's gonna be like even without launching it.

This reminds me I should download RA2 again.

Posted

Woa woa F2P? I think we all know what it's gonna be like even without launching it.

This reminds me I should download RA2 again.

There are good F2P games, and there are bad F2P games (among the good ones are Neverwinter and - surprisingly - DC Universe Online and Planetside 2); don't assume that an F2P game is going to become/devolve into P2W - which none of the three titles I named has devolved into.

Posted

Downloading on the laptop now, and will download on the desktop tomorrow morning I guess, and check it out. 

Posted

This game is terrible.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game is terrible.

It's alpha, and still under NDA afaik.

Posted

There are good F2P games, and there are bad F2P games (among the good ones are Neverwinter and - surprisingly - DC Universe Online and Planetside 2); don't assume that an F2P game is going to become/devolve into P2W - which none of the three titles I named has devolved into.

I base my assumption on EA != Valve and so far all of their F2P games have been an utter disappointment. And as people have confirmed I guessed right.

Posted

Valve doesn't really do any F2P games, and EA does some good F2P games. 

Posted

Valve doesn't really do any F2P games, and EA does some good F2P games. 

TF2?

1 person likes this

Posted

Shame as I'd be interested in a Generals 2.

Would also be interested in the same sort of game but with realistic "items" from world war 1, 2, current wars.  No futuristic stuff.

Posted

TF2?

and Dota 2

Posted

I loved Battleforge for quite the while.  I like the new C&C for the most part but it's clearly not done.

I base my assumption on EA != Valve and so far all of their F2P games have been an utter disappointment. And as people have confirmed I guessed right.

Posted

and Dota 2

And Alien Swarm.

1 person likes this

Posted

I loved Battleforge for quite the while.  I like the new C&C for the most part but it's clearly not done.

Battleforge - contrary to assumptions - has not died yet; it's still available (and via Origin as well), along with EA F2P stablemate Crossfire.

Posted

Battleforge - contrary to assumptions - has not died yet; it's still available (and via Origin as well), along with EA F2P stablemate Crossfire.

They're shutting down the servers on Oct 31st last I checked, so I wouldn't call it alive.

Posted

The last good c&c was yuri's revenge !

1 person likes this