What was your first smartphone?

Motorola A925...

Touchscreen, 3G, Video call - man that was well spec'd at the time! And it made a perfect Sega Megadrive emulator when on it's side with the wide screen and button layout.

front.jpg

A wonderful Xperia Arc:

82EOJnE.png

Before that I had some Sony Ericsson featurephones that were actually pretty smart. They had apps, push Gmail, turn-by-turn navigation, ... but are generally not accepted as smartphones.

I guess mine was more of a messenger phone at the time, but I had a Nokia 6800 which was a semi smart phone. 

8248.jpg

After that my next smartphone was an iPhone 3GS, then a 4S, and now a Lumia 1520, which I love!

lumia1520handson5_1020_large_verge_mediu

I had some Windows CE Verizon thing with a slide-out keyboard when I was working in the USA back in 2005, then when I came home I got an Omnia.

I had a few nokias... Nokia 6608 > Nokia n70 > Nokia n78 > Nokia n97 > Nokia Lumia 800 > Nokia Lumia 925 > Nokia ?

Mine was a Samsung Blackjack (if I remember correctly), not exactly sure which model it was though. Then I upgraded to a Blackberry Bold 9000, then an iPhone 3GS, then iPhone 4, then LG Nexus 4. My Nexus 4 broke last week when I sat on it (don't ask!), and I just got an iPhone 4S today for work, although it's still tied to the previous user's iCloud account, so I might be getting either a new 4S or getting a 5 or 5C.

1st : HTC Wildfire (born with Android 2.1, dead under CM7)

2nd : HTC Desire HD (Born with Android 2.1, actually under 4.4.2)

3rd : Acer Liquid E2 (born with Android 4.2.1, actually under 4.2.2)

My first was the Droid 2.  I switched from AT&T to Verizon to get it because at the time AT&T was almost exclusively iPhone (which I can't stand) and what few Android devices they did have they had removed the option from the settings to enable side-loading thus restricting you to apps available in the Google Play store.

My second (and current) is the Droid 4.  Happily stayed with Verizon because of their vastly superior LTE roll-out at the time.  My contract is up on the same date as Google I/O 2014 (June 25th) so I'll wait to see what launches there and how it compares with what MS, Samsung, and others have at that time.  I'm hoping to get at least LTE-Advanced and VoLTE capable hardware with a multi-core SoC that has a DX11/OpenCL 1.2/ OpenGL ES 3.0 capable GPU.  64bit would be nice as well but not required.

LG Optimus Black - 1st

Galaxy Note II - Current

• 1 month later...

wow you guys are lucky my first smartphone  only  had edge 2g

then 3g then lte nexus 5 but i can remember the day when they were just big bricks

That's nothing, the first phone I had that I could get online with was WAP 1.2.1