• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 +RageOfFury

RageOfFury

AJ Lee/Alison Brie/JLH worshiper

• 1,222 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:33

These tweets are believed to be regarding YouTube beginning a process to remove all gameplay videos not uploaded by developers or publishers from its site. This will effectively cripple multiple YouTube channels such as Rev3Games (which Adam works for), Totalbiscuit, Pewdepie, Game Grumps and many others. Essentially those who rely on Youtube will be screwed.

#2 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,258 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:41

Well, Youtube does own their own site, so they can do what they want, let these other "companies" pay for their own video hosting/bandwidth.

#3 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,136 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:42

Well, Youtube does own their own site, so they can do what they want, let these other "companies" pay for their own video hosting/bandwidth.

Yeah, who needs their audience to view ads anyway, right?

#4 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,763 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:46

some serious ###### is going down

#5 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,763 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:13

Hi all, took me a while to remember my password or I would have jumped in sooner.

Its not just about the games, its reviewing the actual system 2 days before the damn thing ships.
Something feels off right now to be honest & a lot of people are ###### about it.
If you have seen anything I have done over the last 8 months, you will know I have been very happy with the way Sony has been doing things but now its time for them to ###### or get off the pot and they are being damn evasive about allowing serious access to the system before launch.
I have mine preordered (ditto XboxOne) & if that is the only way I will get to have said access to the PS4 then so be it.
When people delay access to something, game or hardware, it's never for a good reason in my experience.

#6 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,520 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:21

some serious **** is going down

I thought this whole episode was about Sony restricting access to review hardware and denying gameplay videos or something like that?

#7 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:24

I haven't been following this.. what's going on?  Are videos being taken off youtube? or?

#8 exotoxic

exotoxic

Neowinian Senior

• 2,141 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:31

Somehow i don't think they will be removing all game play vids if they could do that then why could they not remove all the music that gets uploaded??

Even if they did go ahead with such a thing it doesn't seem like a good idea to me, i pretty much only use youtube for game play vids, i have bought many a game after watching actual gameplay (not the junk the developers/publishers put out) and im sure many other people do too. It would end up hurting the gaming industry and youtube.

#9 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,520 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:36

I haven't been following this.. what's going on?  Are videos being taken off youtube? or?

I think it will be something trivial in the end or Sessler taking everyone for a ride :D

#10 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 8,902 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:37

Is Youtube going out of business or something?

#11 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,829 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 13:56

they can always switch to Blip which welcomes the ex-youtube content creators warmly.

#12 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,763 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 14:22

I thought this whole episode was about Sony restricting access to review hardware and denying gameplay videos or something like that?

yeah seems to look like it so far. im just pointing out the fact that albert referred to it as an internet explosion. sessler could end up looking overly dramatic. hes saying it could affect his livelihood. I mean, if its something regarding launch reviews only, I don't think its a big deal. if it is something on a more permanent basis, then I understand why he would make such comments.

#13 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

• 437 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 14:33

As BajiRav mentioned earlier, this seems to be pointing towards Sony and their policy for reviewing the console. I mean it doesnt look good when they haven't got machines out in the wild and you can only come review it at their special event. i may be wrong but a few tweets seem to point to that theory, especially considering that Microsoft is out of line of fire here (FOR ONCE, Thank god)

Check out this reddit summary of the current situation and decide for yourself, either way things going on don't sound too great for the industry.

#14 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,763 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 14:49

As BajiRav mentioned earlier, this seems to be pointing towards Sony and their policy for reviewing the console. I mean it doesnt look good when they haven't got machines out in the wild and you can only come review it at their special event. i may be wrong but a few tweets seem to point to that theory, especially considering that Microsoft is out of line of fire here (FOR ONCE, Thank god)

Check out this reddit summary of the current situation and decide for yourself, either way things going on don't sound too great for the industry.

pure speculation, but perhaps there are major issues,and they don't want to risk having a large amount of pre orders cancelled, thus having the pre launch reviews done in a controlled environment. after launch, announce that some users are having issues, then promise to work on patches.

#15 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,289 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:01

What's going on? Is America reinvading Iraq?