surface pro surface pro 2 student

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stevember

stevember

'But thats just me....'

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 October 2013 - 14:40

I am about to order a Surface Pro 2 but I have a couple questions and I know you guys can answer.

1. If I get the student deal via my daughter, it will be for me is there any limitations for example like does it lock to her email account? Basically a money-saving reason.

2. Is there any groundbreaking announcement over the next couple weeks that would make me regret buying this? I.e. somebody bringing out better.

#2 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 14:44

I am about to order a Surface Pro 2 but I have a couple questions and I know you guys can answer.

1. If I get the student deal via my daughter, it will be for me is there any limitations for example like does it lock to her email account? Basically a money-saving reason.

2. Is there any groundbreaking announcement over the next couple weeks that would make me regret buying this? I.e. somebody bringing out better.

1. No to get the offer you must use a educational account, but you dont have to use this on the device.

2. Doubtful. Only thing would be the smaller surface with 4G (LTE) early next year.

#3 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 October 2013 - 15:00

I bought the original Pro and am still very happy, if that helps with question number 2 : )

#4 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 October 2013 - 15:01

I'm also very happy with my Pro.  The only reason I have to upgrade is when the version with LTE comes out.

#5 OP stevember

stevember

'But thats just me....'

Posted 28 October 2013 - 15:40

1. No to get the offer you must use a educational account, but you dont have to use this on the device.
2. Doubtful. Only thing would be the smaller surface with 4G (LTE) early next year.

Cool, so I get same device just cheaper.

Thank you.

#6 Fezmid

Fezmid

Neowinian

Posted 03 November 2013 - 21:15

I'm looking to get the Surface Pro 2 as well (8G, 256G SSD).  I have the first generation Surface Pro and have been using it as a POC at my job.  It worked well, so will get one at work so I can use the original for myself. :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!