PS4 vs Xbox One: Battlefield 4 Comparison

Wow, not only is the xbox one missing clouds and even some texture layers on that arm in the first one, but holy crap is it way too dark.

its not missing textures or clouds. those are randomly generated. same with the rocks, for example.

The Playstation 4 definitely has the upper hand after taking a closer look. For the record I show no bias as I'm buying neither console.

Playstation 4:

Better antialiasing. See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XqWRACk2zY#t=392

Natural contrast and colors.

Xbox One:

No hardware antialiasing by the looks of it. There may be FXAA, but it's hard to tell.

Too much contrast (details lost - see the people in this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XqWRACk2zY#t=344)

The following gifs support evidence found in the videos. The Playstation 4 has a far cleaner and more accurate picture.

https://images.4chan.org/v/src/1383054746234.gif

https://images.4chan.org/v/src/1383055552953.gif

Yeah, those pics give a different impression than from DF.

Just goes to show you that we still need to wait for more testing to be done on more final software.  DICE pointed out that the X1 build was not as far along as the ps4 build.

To be honest i expected the PS4 version to look better after everything i've been reading online lately, however i think the Xbox One has the slight edge. It certainly looks a lot sharper from what you can tell by watching a YouTube video.

There's not a lot in it, I would be happy purchasing it on either console if i had any intention of actually getting the game.

I think the Sega genesis version looks the best :laugh:

• Like 2

I would not compare 2 versions of a game using a youtube video. You need to play both versions on the genuine hardwares.

You can find youtube video where Witcher or Skyrim looks as good on console as on PC while in fact it's not even really close.

• Like 2

I would not compare 2 versions of a game using a youtube video. You need to play both versions on the genuine hardwares.

You can find youtube video where Witcher or Skyrim looks as good on console as on PC while in fact it's not even really close.

This.

Seriously. You can't compare image quality using a lossy, compressed, streaming video service.

This.

Seriously. You can't compare image quality using a lossy, compressed, streaming video service.

.....and yet most of the internet community does indeed create whole wars over such sources. 

Maybe they should listen to you.

those comparison shots im posting are from direct 1080p screencaps from uncompressed footage from DF,not from youtube.

DF has already confirmed that they screwed up the video-capture, so that doesn't really make it better.

Console WARS.

WARS I tell you. Its WAR out there.

Its mostly related to consoles, but honestly, you can find internet wars that span all sorts of tech products :laugh:

DF has already confirmed that they screwed up the video-capture, so that doesn't really make it better.

And DF seems to indicate that the X1 shots look worse than they should due to the screw up.  They aren't sure how much worse, but worse.

Lets just say they all look good. Keep in mind, these are early games. Later games in general are always better most specifically in taking advantage of a console's power. For instance, a lot of early PS3 games looked like enhanced PS2 games but later PS3 games were much improved in all categories.

no actually, they haven't at all. they have the most accurate representation

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-face-off-qa

We've now examined Xbox One and PlayStation 4 game and UI/dashboard elements and have concluded that the equipment did exactly what was asked of it - it acquired digital video in a mathematically lossless format at 1080p60, in the full range RGB (0-255) colourspace. Dashboards and control panels were all set accordingly to match the requirements of the equipment. We're now satisfied that the captures on PS4 and PC are exactly as they should be - digitally lossless transmissions of what came out of the hardware.

xbox is supposed to look even better when the better colorspace is enabled,and when more effects like AO are added

:D

PC Gamers aren't like that. It's the same fight that console gamers do, but over Processors, RAM, SSD's and HDD's. Video Cards, Peripherals, Framerates and Refresh Rate, Resolution. 

• Like 1

its not missing textures or clouds. those are randomly generated. same with the rocks, for example.

Since when do you 'randomly generate' textures for your character models?

Its mostly related to consoles, but honestly, you can find internet wars that span all sorts of tech products :laugh:

And DF seems to indicate that the X1 shots look worse than they should due to the screw up.  They aren't sure how much worse, but worse.

Exactly. There was, apparantly, lots of lost details, because of the contrast that was screwed up.

But still, the NeoGaf-trolls are all over this. The internet would be a better place if that site was shut down.

Personally, I'll take native 1080p on the PS4 over upscaled 720p any day. Especially since the textures and blurriness can be fixed in a patch. You can't fix 720p.

Regardless, I have to say that the game doesn't look great on either console.

Personally, I'll take native 1080p on the PS4 over upscaled 720p any day. Especially since the textures and blurriness can be fixed in a patch. You can't fix 720p.

The PS4 version is 900p though.

All this screenshot science over video quality yet no one has started a thread fighting about AUDIO quality yet?

There's a whole other front in the CONSOLE WAR that has yet to be fought.

They may have screwed up the brightness, but it still looked overwhelmingly jaggy to me, looked like none or very little AA going on.

Well since DICE claims that the X1 build was still lacking effects like AO, it could simply be that they were farther ahead with the ps4 build and so we see the disparity.  The resolution stuff may not change, but things like AA could.  I don't know, it just seems so ambiguous to me since we are trying to compare pre-release builds of software on dev kits. 

Well since the ps4 is running BF4 at a native res of 900p, your not going to see 1080p anywhere. 

So its 900p vs 720p