Photo

Is it really healthy to walk barefoot outside?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:30

Yes, when the weather is warm it is healthy to walk barefoot outside and outside of town too, in the country.

There's no health benefit in walking barefoot on asphalt/concrete in a city. On the contrary, it's a hazard as you may stomp on a small sharp object like a piece of glass or something else.

#17 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,647 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:18

I imagine this question very much depends on where you choose to do it, on the beach its probably considered essential and very good for you, on the streets of New York or London it's probably very unhealthy if not dangerous...

#18 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:32

That depends if you are :Cody Lundin

20433_005.jpg

#19 +da00

da00

Kappa

• 1,637 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:34

Not read the article. But I would assume it depends on location.

#20 +LimeMaster

LimeMaster

LippyZillaD Council ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 8,503 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:42

Considering there was a time before shoes were invented. I'm not surprised, but I wouldn't personally walk outside in my bare feet.

#21 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

• 3,194 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:15

I don't see any benefit being apparent to the populace in those countrys where people are so poor they have to walk barefoot all the time so Id say its an old wives tale.The only obvious benefit you will see is more strength in the muscles of your feet as they will no longer be artificially reliant on shoes to support the foot structure.

#22 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

• 1,095 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:21

I doubt it is healthy for me to walk around in bare feet, however some cultures still walk around in bare feet. The main difference would be that they have done that all their life, so their feet are much more rough and can cope walking bare foot. Though with myself, my feet are very soft and would damage easily walking without shoes. Also, concrete, etc (flat very hard surfaces) aren't good for walking bare foot as they are too flat, due to the human foot being designed for roughed terrain.

#23 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,342 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:38

if you walk around barefoot your feet will toughen up to meet the demand. i can't walk on concrete barefoot; it hurts too much. but if i did it consistantly my feet would get calloused up just like working hands do and everything would be fine.

#24 lamminium

lamminium

Neowinian Senior

• 1,565 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:53

After learning about parasitic nematodes, I say you shouldn't walk barefooted. lol

Some of them penetrate the skin of the sole of your foot to gain entry into your body.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!