Question

Posted

Hey guys,

I'm about to start purchasing my new PC parts, and would really appreciate some approval and pointers. I'm not new to the PC building scene, but I can never bring myself to commit once I've got a build that I think will work well.

This is the build itself:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (

6 answers to this question

Posted

Are you sure Hyper 212 won't fit? Specs on review sites say the case allows up to 160mm and 212 is 159mm, so, while toe-to-toe, but should fit. Where 212 doesn't want to go in, I usually take the easy way out and reach for Hyper T4, 212's little brother, saying it won't be much worse and it isn't (much). But perhaps it's not even necessary to compromise?

Posted

Hmm, according to Amazon.co.uk it was 180mm tall, but that might be the box size since the Cooler Master website agrees with you.

That being the case I'll risk it with the 212 EVO. Thanks!

Any other thoughts?

Posted

If you won't be overclocking, the stock cooler will be just fine.

You can get a Zotac 770 for

1 person likes this

Posted

Motherboards do absolutely make a difference, for reference here's a review of the board I currently own

Posted

Hey KM,

I did see the Zotac 770, but opted for the EVGA one as it's clocked higher out of the box (Zotac is 1059MHz core and 1111MHz boost, and the EVGA is 1111MHz core and 1163MHz boost).

I agree with you about the Motherboard, but finding cheaper Z87 Mini-ITX motherboards is a pain. I do want to put a mild overclock on it, which basically leaves me with Z87 only, and I also want the integrated Wifi (Linux plays hell with most USB wifi dongles :(). I did have a quick look though and I did find an MSI motherboard that meets my needs for about a tenner less. Thanks! :D

Posted

If you want 8 GB of ram get 2x 4GB sticks not 1x 8GB cus itll operate faster using dual channel. the 4GB 770 will come in handy if ya play battlefield 4 to