Slider with per-slide control

Question

I'm working with a client for his personal Web site to showcase his art.

On his homepage he wants an automated slider/carousel/slide show to showcase a few images, with some very specific requirements: we need to control the starting and ending points as well as the type of animation used for each slide. The image in slide 1 needs to zoom out from a specific point in the image, slide 2 needs to pan from one specified corner to the the opposite, slide 3 needs to zoom in on a specific area, etc. Each image needs a caption on the bottom. We also want support for as many browsers as possible, even IE8. Flash is not an option, we need mobile device support too.

I've looked through every slider on Github, spent several hours googling, and have looked at many sliders, mostly powered by jQuery, but I cannot find a slider that supports all of these features. Many support panning or zooming but choose seemingly random points in the image as starting and ending points. Most don't work correctly in IE8. None support per-slide animation settings with the granuality we need.

He's perfectly willing to pay for a slider, but not to have one developed specifically for him; we need an out of the box solution.

Can anyone point me to a solution? Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet