• Phone: Lumia Icon

Posted 13 November 2013 - 21:53

http://instagram.com/p/gq0f97RYTR/#

#2 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 November 2013 - 22:01

Really like the welcome screen, it is so clean. Very snappy indeed.

#3 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 November 2013 - 22:06

Good to see its responding well.

Its interesting to follow the reviews today for the ps4 because many people are commenting on the ps eye with regards to voice commands.  Many have mentioned that the commands are lacking and its not very well integrated, but the idea of using such commands is suddenly interesting or exciting when they work quickly and can help you navigate a system more naturally.

So it'll be interesting to see how these same reviewers react to the X1 and its more robust support.  So far, it seems like the functions are working reliably and quickly based on these leaks/previews.  Hopefully they hold up well when properly reviewed.

#4 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 13 November 2013 - 22:21

Good to see its responding well.

Its interesting to follow the reviews today for the ps4 because many people are commenting on the ps eye with regards to voice commands.  Many have mentioned that the commands are lacking and its not very well integrated, but the idea of using such commands is suddenly interesting or exciting when they work quickly and can help you navigate a system more naturally.

So it'll be interesting to see how these same reviewers react to the X1 and its more robust support.  So far, it seems like the functions are working reliably and quickly based on these leaks/previews.  Hopefully they hold up well when properly reviewed.

Wonder how long it'll take for the Xbox One reviews to come in?   Are they going to wait till closer to release like Sony did or are they going to go in a few days to rain on the PS4 release a bit?   Should be interesting either way.

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 13 November 2013 - 22:52

No more green swirls :( But very speedy (Y) :)

#6 OP Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 November 2013 - 23:56

I'm loving the cleanliness of the home screen. There's enough on the screen to know what's going on, without appearing "too busy"...

I really hope Microsoft doesn't clutter this thing up, while leaving it open to be cluttered as the consumer sees fit...
I also hope that the pins can be better organized (such as folder creation for movies, music, games, favorites, etc)

Loving the heavy integration of Kinect. So much so, I'm not bothered by the so called "lack of graphical chops" the One supposedly has

#7 Co_Co

Co_Co

g status

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:18

i didn't think it was "snappy" but just okay.

snappy would be Xbox On and the tv turns on...not 'xbox on' and then 5 seconds of nothing then tiny xbox logo then large xbox logo 

#8 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:22

snappy would be Xbox On and the tv turns on...not 'xbox on' and then 5 seconds of nothing then tiny xbox logo then large xbox logo

That five seconds was the TV turning on I believe. You can use the Xbox On command to turn on your whole media system at once as well as your Xbox.

#9 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:37

PS4 takes 30 seconds to boot, that video shows Xbox One coming up and logging in, in 6 seconds. I guess that means Xbox One is over 5 times faster! Pretty impressive.

#10 Torolol

Torolol

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:43

I'm loving the cleanliness of the home screen. There's enough on the screen to know what's going on, without appearing "too busy"...

I really hope Microsoft doesn't clutter this thing up, while leaving it open to be cluttered as the consumer sees fit...
I also hope that the pins can be better organized (such as folder creation for movies, music, games, favorites, etc)

I bet some advertiser would loves to put ADS on there ;)

#11 OP Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:47

I bet some advertiser would loves to put ADS on there ;)

I pray not... I don't care if they go ad nuts in the store (where ads belong) not on that beautiful home screen...

#12 OP Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:48

That was 8-10 seconds of turning on the One and the tv at the same time. That's darn snappy.

#13 Menge

Menge

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:49

PS4 takes 30 seconds to boot, that video shows Xbox One coming up and logging in, in 6 seconds. I guess that means Xbox One is over 5 times faster! Pretty impressive.

I’m still skeptical it might be resuming from Standby or something… But if it’s a cold boot, then color me impressed!

#14 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:56

This is one big reason I want to get the Xbox One. I want to be able to turn it on and join my friend's game while I'm taking my work clothes off or while I'm getting out of bed.

#15 incendy

incendy

Neowinian

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:28

I’m still skeptical it might be resuming from Standby or something… But if it’s a cold boot, then color me impressed!

Xbox One is always in lower power state "standby" unless unplugged. That is just how it works. PS4 doesn't have that feature at launch. It does have a lower power state that downloads in the background but it doesn't allow resume yet. They said it will come late in a patch but no timetable.