"The Purge" Happens Once Again In 2014

BoASosQ.png

Universal Pictures announced that ?the next chapter of The Purge? will be released on June 20, 2014.

Evan Dickson speculated here that the film begins shooting this December under the title The Zone. I hope this means we?ll actually get out into the world of The Purge as the opening montage was the best part of this past summer?s blockbuster.

In the film starring Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey, and Max Burkholder, a wealthy family is held hostage for harboring the target of a murderous syndicate during the Purge, a 12-hour period in which any and all crime is legalized.

James DeMonaco, who directs once again, will also produce with Jason Blum, S?bastien K. Lemercier, Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form.

Src

I did not see the first one.... Was it any good?

That's what I want to ask as well, I've got time to kill, might as well find a movie to watch.

The Purge was alright in my mind. But like I said to my sister, I was really hoping for a more general look rather than just focusing on the house. Hopefully this will deliver.

To answer the above questions, in my opinion, no,

If you liked Daybreakers, stick with it, it's a better film, Purge was just a 'Home Invasion' type of movie, they didn't even bother getting some history of the black guy in it, as he's wearing dogtags, might have added some insight

To answer the above questions, in my opinion, no,

If you liked Daybreakers, stick with it, it's a better film, Purge was just a 'Home Invasion' type of movie, they didn't even bother getting some history of the black guy in it, as he's wearing dogtags, might have added some insight

The sequel might feature on the guy who they took in and where he came from

The movie had so much promise but the protagonist characters were hate-able.  

I really wished the dad would have slapped the son, honestly. and the daughter? Oye

If the sequel goes more in to the explanation of the Purge  

Who are the "New" founding fathers

then perhaps it could be good.

Also

How in the hell did they enact the Purge act so fast? I believe the movie said it was 2017. The government never acts that fast towards anything

Edit: One additional premise.

• Like 1

The sequel might feature on the guy who they took in and where he came from

Well in that case, I'll hold on and wait. The ending line of the movie was something that suggested sequel, that guy who said he was a proud American til he lost 2 sons to the purge....

I just felt I wasted money on the ticket.

The movie had so much promise but the protagonist characters were hate-able.  

I really wished the dad would have slapped the son, honestly. and the daughter? Oye

If the sequel goes more in to the explanation of the Purge  

Who are the "New" founding fathers

then perhaps it could be good.

Also

How in the hell did they enact the Purge act so fast? I believe the movie said it was 2017. The government never acts that fast towards anything

Edit: One additional premise.

Im sure it was 205x or 2070 something but it had a good premise!

Like what above poster said, it has potential because of the interesting concept. However, nothing really happened in the first one. Would I see it for free if I'm bored? YES

• 3 weeks later...

Clipboard01.png

Michael K. Williams, Carmen Ejogo, Zach Gilford & More Join ?The Purge 2?

THR bring word that the sequel to Universal and Blumhouse?s ?The Purge? has added Michael K. Williams, Carmen Ejogo, Zach Gilford and Kiele Sanchez. The sequel, which is pencilled in for a June 20th release, will see the return of writer-director James DeMonaco. It was recently announced that Frank Grillo will star.

The sequel should reside in a similar setting to the original, where, once a year, there?s a 12-hour period when all crime is allowed and condoned. When ?The Purge,? made on a budget of $3 million, opened in cinemas this past summer, it earned a stunning $34 million in its debut, setting a new record for an original R-rated horror (that record was later broken by ?The Conjuring?). The Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey-starrer went on to earn $89.3 million worldwide.

Michael K. Williams is prehaps best known for his awesome roles as Omar Little on ?The Wire? and Chalky White on ?Boardwalk Empire.? His recent film credits include ?12 Years a Slave? and the upcoming ?RoboCop? film. Carmen Ejogo?s most recent projects included ?Alex Cross? and the musical drama ?Sparkle.? Zach Gilford, who starred as Matt Saracen on TV?s ?Friday Night Lights,? has more recently appeared on ?The Mob Doctor? and the feature film ?The Last Stand.? Kiele Sanchez?s recent film roles include Mr. Magorium?s ?Wonder Emporium,? and she?s appeared on several TV series including ?The Glades,? ?Samantha Who?? and ?Lost.?

Src

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...