Photo

Ryse: Son of Rome

official ryse: son of rome crytek xbox one microsoft cryengine cevat yerli rasmus højengaard

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#91 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 July 2014 - 00:51

This is what i don't get.. they have an amazing game, engine and experience and even game mechanic.. I enjoyed single player so much that I completed the game numerous times on each difficulty. 

I would pay them even  $20-30 a pop if they simply released additional story episodes using the same engine and mechanics instead of some half assed MP DLCs.  Give me another 4-5 hours of story time with your existing game engine and you can have my money. 

I don't get how studios don't see how valuable this is. I can only give props to Sony and The Last of Us for doing this that I have seen (maybe Microsoft and what they did with Alan Wake) but Ryse: Son of Rome is absolutely PERFECT for this type of stuff.

The arena stuff where you need to survive until the end is the most exciting version of horde stuff i've seen so far.. My record was 215 combo I think, I've seen people playing with me do like 600s.  That's insane and pretty awesome though.

Same thoughts here, would purchase SP content in a heartbeat. Maybe they're still working on it, though seems unlikely given the troubles there now. Why didn't they see the potential? New IP jitters, the demand from gamers to have some MP taking up resources, or maybe just Crytek not really being used to delivering story DLC. Either way, it's a missed opportunity.

Couldn't really be bothered with arena horde mode, got the basic achievements for it, felt closure, and said enough. It was just too repetitive, with the archers, cauldrons, etc. And since i tend to play with myself, i mean by myself, it wasn't nearly as exciting :rofl:

#92 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 03 July 2014 - 00:58

I don't own an Xbox One but if I did, I definitely would have played this game. I watched the story cutscenes from beginning to end on YouTube and it was pretty interesting. The graphics are really good too. They've managed to make it look even better than Crysis 3. Considerably better, actually. I don't know how they managed to make it look so good with the Xbox One's GPU. I have two Radeon R9 280X video cards in CrossFire and I dropped below 60 FPS in the Crysis 3 campaign on Very High.

#93 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:14

I don't own an Xbox One but if I did, I definitely would have played this game. I watched the story cutscenes from beginning to end on YouTube and it was pretty interesting. The graphics are really good too. They've managed to make it look even better than Crysis 3. Considerably better, actually. I don't know how they managed to make it look so good with the Xbox One's GPU. I have two Radeon R9 280X video cards in CrossFire and I dropped below 60 FPS in the Crysis 3 campaign on Very High.

Hahaha wow, well, i loved the game and love my X1, but to say it looks better than Crysis 3 on a PC like yours in high settings is a bit much - what version of YouTube were you using? :D

It is a good looking product, but not amazing. The design is great, lots of attention to detail, but the execution can't hope to match Crysis 3, for example. However, the story was great despite being historical nonsense - the voice and motion capture acting were all spectacular, among the best ever IMO.

#94 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:28

Hahaha wow, well, i loved the game and love my X1, but to say it looks better than Crysis 3 on a PC like yours in high settings is a bit much - what version of YouTube were you using? :D

It is a good looking product, but not amazing. The design is great, lots of attention to detail, but the execution can't hope to match Crysis 3, for example. However, the story was great despite being historical nonsense - the voice and motion capture acting were all spectacular, among the best ever IMO.

There are things that can be done in the PC version of most games that can't be achieved with consoles, next-gen or otherwise. With that said, the version of CryEngine that was used in Ryse is newer than the version used in Crysis 3. It has new features like physically based shading and subtle under-the-hood changes that make it look better. Crysis 3 looked great, no doubt about that.. but it had the same aliasing issues as Crysis 2. With Ryse, those issues seem to be gone. Even the skin and hair looked more realistic in Ryse.

#95 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:55

There are things that can be done in the PC version of most games that can't be achieved with consoles, next-gen or otherwise. With that said, the version of CryEngine that was used in Ryse is newer than the version used in Crysis 3. It has new features like physically based shading and subtle under-the-hood changes that make it look better. Crysis 3 looked great, no doubt about that.. but it had the same aliasing issues as Crysis 2. With Ryse, those issues seem to be gone. Even the skin and hair looked more realistic in Ryse.

Thanks for highlighting those, to me Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 still look "better" than Ryse, but that's very subjective. I noticed a lot more pop-in with Ryse than with the Crysis titles, and of course locking the resolution at 900 didn't help. It was still a very handsome game, and indeed the character models are amazingly detailed (they look just like the actors in real life, basically).

#96 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 03 July 2014 - 15:28

This is what i don't get.. they have an amazing game, engine and experience and even game mechanic.. I enjoyed single player so much that I completed the game numerous times on each difficulty. 

I would pay them even  $20-30 a pop if they simply released additional story episodes using the same engine and mechanics instead of some half assed MP DLCs.  Give me another 4-5 hours of story time with your existing game engine and you can have my money. 

I don't get how studios don't see how valuable this is. I can only give props to Sony and The Last of Us for doing this that I have seen (maybe Microsoft and what they did with Alan Wake) but Ryse: Son of Rome is absolutely PERFECT for this type of stuff.

The arena stuff where you need to survive until the end is the most exciting version of horde stuff i've seen so far.. My record was 215 combo I think, I've seen people playing with me do like 600s.  That's insane and pretty awesome though.

Singleplayer DLC costs significantly more to produce, which is why you rarely see it done. But I agree, I'd love to see more campaign levels (and I'm disappointed the sequel was likely canceled).

Survival is insanely fun for that very reason. I've got up to a 150-something combo, I believe, but I'm at a relatively low level (about 40).

#97 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 July 2014 - 00:59

Singleplayer DLC costs significantly more to produce, which is why you rarely see it done. But I agree, I'd love to see more campaign levels (and I'm disappointed the sequel was likely canceled).

Survival is insanely fun for that very reason. I've got up to a 150-something combo, I believe, but I'm at a relatively low level (about 40).

Hearing that Ryse 2 was put on hold hurt, though maybe it's for the best...seems like Crytek wanted to take it to the 12th century or something? No, it should have stayed in the same nonsensical, pseudo-300 Roman universe.

#98 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 04 July 2014 - 22:42

I just played a game where my partner got a 400 combo  :omg: (Strangely enough, he also ended the game at rank 400.)

We lasted 22 minutes on dockyards. Got about seven or eight 100+ combos in the game myself.

#99 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 06 July 2014 - 18:48

Lots of studios/developers think MP is what everyone cares about and wants, look at how focused on MP or co-op all the new games coming out are now.  It's meh IMO, I want as much SP as I can get.

#100 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 July 2014 - 00:25

I just played a game where my partner got a 400 combo  :omg: (Strangely enough, he also ended the game at rank 400.)

We lasted 22 minutes on dockyards. Got about seven or eight 100+ combos in the game myself.

That is impressive indeed!