Full Tower Case recommendation

Thank your for the suggestion. I'll try to look up some reviews of it and check what its price is. Is it full metal or metal frame with plastic panels?

Yeah, I was about to look at Linus' YT channel. He does a great job reviewing cases. I got the idea for the TJ07 chassis from his personal machine.

That's a pretty good case for what you want. Plus it has that noise damping material as well which makes the case even more silent while going for an air cooled system.

700D seems to be a discontinued model as corsair.com now offers 750D.

I've personally built my most recent system on 800D. Highly recommended! 900D is good too :)

I'm currently taking the 750D into consideration, despite not liking the transparent side panel. It will probably come down to price and availability of the cases between the 750D and the XL R2. I would love to get a 900D case but they're terribly expensive. Can't find them for a price under 310? so it's a total non-starter.

700D seems to be a discontinued model as corsair.com now offers 750D.

I've personally built my most recent system on 800D. Highly recommended! 900D is good too :)

Looked at your build, wow. That looks absolutely great. Going to take some ideas from it. I also want to go with a ASUS Z87 board, but I don't need wireless on it (I have everything wired with Cat6). ASUS website doesn't make it easy to pin down a model so that I don't overpay for features that I don't need. They should allow you to select features that you don't want/need on the board.

Looked at your build, wow. That looks absolutely great. Going to take some ideas from it. I also want to go with a ASUS Z87 board, but I don't need wireless on it (I have everything wired with Cat6). ASUS website doesn't make it easy to pin down a model so that I don't overpay for features that I don't need. They should allow you to select features that you don't want/need on the board.

Cool, thanks :)

Here, take a look at this table for the comparison of ASUS motherboards :)

despite not liking the transparent side panel.

I didn't want a transparent side panel either, but once I got the case, it became a non-issue :) It's just beautiful.

Cool, thanks :)

Here, take a look at this table for the comparison of ASUS motherboards :)

That's so ridiculously better that it is almost like ASUS is doing it on purpose to confuse users... :shifty:

The side panel is definitely not a deal breaker. I just have to make there is not much light coming out of it. One biggest things I don't like about my current case is that there is no easy way to turn off the front fan's LEDs and they're always visible.

I would also recommend the Corsair 800D, it's got so much room to get around, you can do pretty much whatever you like inside it ...such as water cooling (http://sdrv.ms/IJfdS7)

Your setup certainly looks very neat. Probably have to play the Christmas lottery this year (volunteer tax on the math-illiterate!) to see if I can buy a 900D.

Does anyone with a case with a bottom mounted fan notice their impact on the internal temperatures or airflow? You would think that the low clearance from the floor wouldn't provide good enough airflow and completely choke a fan. The way that I'm looking at the Define XL R2, I think I would probably switch the bottom intake fan to the top of case as to better exhaust the hot air.

Does anyone with a case with a bottom mounted fan notice their impact on the internal temperatures or airflow? You would think that the low clearance from the floor wouldn't provide good enough airflow and completely choke a fan. The way that I'm looking at the Define XL R2, I think I would probably switch the bottom intake fan to the top of case as to better exhaust the hot air.

Your PSU will suck air in from the bottom as well though. Unless you're putting that in so that it sucks air in from the case.

Hello,

Actually bottom fans, suck air INTO the case.

There's the usual exhaust fan at the back of the motherboard in that case. That should be plenty. Case fans don't really require a ton of room to pull in air, and one mounted at the bottom of the case would get plenty, since the case has feet. 

I mean, look at the front panel fans, they're enclosed behind a door but the small vents along the edges are enough to provide airflow.

Your PSU will suck air in from the bottom as well though. Unless you're putting that in so that it sucks air in from the case.

I would mount it at the top of the case, blowing air out. Seems like it doesn't make that much of a difference in the temperatures anyway, so if doesn't interfere with the PSU, I'll probably leave it where it is.

I would mount it at the top of the case, blowing air out. Seems like it doesn't make that much of a difference in the temperatures anyway, so if doesn't interfere with the PSU, I'll probably leave it where it is.

I don't think it'll interfere with the PSU. It seems to be aimed towards the GPU so that's always a good thing. Mounting it at the top is just as good though.

The NZXT Define XL R2 looks great though and it seems be the perfect choice for what you want/need. I'd personally get rid of the extra drive-cage though so that the fan in-front of it can blow directly into the case. By extra I mean the center drive-cage, the one in between the botton drive-cage and the drive-bays.

I can't believe nobody has posted this case yet:

Enthoo Primo by Phanteks. Best full tower case hands down IMO. And for the price it just beats every case out there.

Here's a couple of pics of my build (Sorry for the bad quality):

1415585_10153398397055374_2078975219_n.j

1388756_10153398395050374_1722566515_n.j

Hello,

1415585_10153398397055374_2078975219_n.j

For my taste, too many lights...

And do you seriously have a A/C unit next to your PC?!?!?!

Antec, while expensive, they do make a very beautiful cases. I prefer with a side window, i like to see them lights and glow :)

how about an Cooler Master Cosmos 1000?

http://www.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/case/full-tower-cosmos-series/cosmos-1000.html

I currently have an Antec case. I hate those damn lights. The Cosmos 1000 is pretty great but it doesn't have front USB 3.0 I/O.

I don't think it'll interfere with the PSU. It seems to be aimed towards the GPU so that's always a good thing. Mounting it at the top is just as good though.

The NZXT Define XL R2 looks great though and it seems be the perfect choice for what you want/need. I'd personally get rid of the extra drive-cage though so that the fan in-front of it can blow directly into the case. By extra I mean the center drive-cage, the one in between the botton drive-cage and the drive-bays.

Yes, I was going to remove that drive cage in order to keep good airflow directly into the GPU.

I can't believe nobody has posted this case yet:

Enthoo Primo by Phanteks. Best full tower case hands down IMO. And for the price it just beats every case out there.

I never heard of it. Looks like an impressive case, huge size. But it appears to be priced around 250+? and that's a bit steep. Since I won't be going with watercooling, there is a lot of features on that case that I wouldn't be able to take advantage of. The price puts it neck to neck with the 800D.

I second this. You can not go wrong with a Fractal case. Spacious, silent, lots of room for cooling and excellent build quality.

xlr2-18b.jpg

Lot's of room for cable management too:

Fractal-Design-Define-XL-R2-Platforma-te