As Xbox One Complaints Increase, Microsoft Promises Improvements

This is interesting, I'm not a fan of the xbox, but the thing that impressed me was the amount of communication between the company and it's customer base, along with the 'fix coming soon' promise

I wish sony did this as well, be less frustrating overall for ALL early adopters if there was at least a sense of 'oh hey, yes we're working on it' responses

Had a weird issue when trying to turn off the XBOX. I used the voice commands and the kinect went off but the box stayed on. Few seconds later, the kinect came back on but not display on the screen even tho both the connect and the box were on. This kept going on and was stuck in a loop when the kinect kept going off and on. Had to pull the power cord to turn off the system. Turned back on and so far so good.

XBOX is buggy and hopefully MS is quick on some software updates.

Had a weird issue when trying to turn off the XBOX. I used the voice commands and the kinect went off but the box stayed on. Few seconds later, the kinect came back on but not display on the screen even tho both the connect and the box were on. This kept going on and was stuck in a loop when the kinect kept going off and on. Had to pull the power cord to turn off the system. Turned back on and so far so good.

XBOX is buggy and hopefully MS is quick on some software updates.

Yeah, both consoles are fairly buggy at the moment when it comes to general functions all working as they should.

Luckily, I haven't run into major issues on either console and I haven't experienced your issue at all.

Hopefully things will smooth out as the updates start coming along over the next year.

where i work i have had 10 + xboxones returned for over heating and shutting down and various other problems i really hope microsoft gets the bugs knocked out 

So far this is the first I've even seen anyone mention over heating. Are you sure that happened and it's not just FUD?

I noticed today that the OS was very sluggish. I did a hard reboot and now and it's quick and snappy again. It shouldn't be degrading like that! Fix it Microsoft!!!

same with mine...seems the more i do and the more i bounce around the slower it goes till i finally give in and reboot to fix it...sometimes transitioning between steps in upload studio can take as much as 30 seconds...not overly impressed

Well i think the X1 can be directly compared to Battlefield 4 as prime examples of rushing stuff out the door. i think the X1 wasnt supposed to be released till 2014 apparently? so its rushed to market and they had to back track on all the DRM stuff and digital features which both eats into time to complete the software so it will be buggy and early people beta test it. millions of people is better than maybe 100 or 1000 ppl.

Battlefield 4... rushed out before its ready by EA just cus they dont want lose out to sales to CoD ghosts when if EA new anything CoD's got nothing on BF4 and still would of sold just as well with a later release date. BF4 was/still is buggy, can crash alot, the consoles are getting it big time when you go past mission 6 it deletes your saves locally and on the cloud so youve wasted progress completely, online stats disappearing and thats on all consoles, even DICE have admitted the code is a mess but theres only 1 reason why it wasnt finished properly and thats EA, think every battlefielder wishes DICE wasnt owned by EA they manage to destroy every game that comes out from them... NFS rivals is games speed and physics locked to the frame rate, so if you unlock frame and get 90fps youll be going like 600 mph lol. Sim city, realeasing addon packs before the main game was properly sorted and its so small becuase they want an abacus from ancient greece to be able play it for money.

Back to topic, wandered off there lol it will get sorted, its a complex software integration and there will be problems on both consoles if theres still problems like 1 or 2 years down the line then itll be a problem until then guess you just got to put up with it :D

I noticed today that the OS was very sluggish. I did a hard reboot and now and it's quick and snappy again. It shouldn't be degrading like that! Fix it Microsoft!!!

How long had your console been on before you noticed this?

I'm just asking because I haven't noticed any general OS slow down yet, just some app specific stuff.

I had the same issue. I turned on the power saving feature which disables hybrid sleep or w.e they call it so it forces the Xbox to turn off completely. It takes longer to turn on but at least it is not sluggish.

I had the same issue. I turned on the power saving feature which disables hybrid sleep or w.e they call it so it forces the Xbox to turn off completely. It takes longer to turn on but at least it is not sluggish.

Oh ok, so you noticed it getting sluggish even after turning it off while using standby?

Did you also notice if closing apps affected the behavior? Closing as in actually using the menu button to close vs just letting the OS handle it in the background.

I wonder if the slowdown is tied to the way some games stay on/suspended in the background and maybe doesn't work right? I know some games crash if left too long or something. Sounds like a resources handling issue of some sort, some apps/games don't do it right and the more you jump around the more they take up instead of releasing it when idle in the background .

I wonder if the slowdown is tied to the way some games stay on/suspended in the background and maybe doesn't work right? I know some games crash if left too long or something. Sounds like a resources handling issue of some sort, some apps/games don't do it right and the more you jump around the more they take up instead of releasing it when idle in the background .

Possibly.

This could also explain why I haven't run into any slow downs. I rarely leave more than say two things running at the same time. When I'm done with an app, I close it. I don't just switch to something else and forget about it. Same goes for a game. I'm not going to just leave it running when I'm done playing, I close it. The rare times I am using two things at once include:

1. Snapping music or the Machinama app while in a game

2. Switching back and forth between a game and IE.

3. Leaving a game loaded while I take a break from it and jump over to youtube or one of the other media apps.

In all cases so far, performance has been good. However, I always close everything before I turn the system off, that's just out of habit.