ford mustang 2015 us

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,287 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:27

There is absolutely nothing dumber in the world than saying the whole point of a Mustang is to have a V8. Can't some people just want the car and not care about that?

Um its a Mustang.. Why buy a muscle car and not have any muscle under the hood..  There are plenty of fun to drive cars that aren't muscle cars. Muscle cars should remain V8's and not watered down versions of themselves.

#17 notchinese

notchinese

Neowinian

• 463 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:29

Because you like the way the car looks? The way it drives? The price? Because the V6 has enough muscle? The same reason you buy ANY car.

#18 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,287 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:30

Because you like the way the car looks? The way it drives? The price? Because the V6 has enough muscle? The same reason you buy ANY car.

No no no. 

#19 Brian Miller

Brian Miller

Neowinian Senior

• 2,966 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:36

Ugly!

#20 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,500 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:47

Um its a Mustang.. Why buy a muscle car and not have any muscle under the hood..  There are plenty of fun to drive cars that aren't muscle cars. Muscle cars should remain V8's and not watered down versions of themselves.

Yes and no. V8's are awesome, and no doubt the hardcore enthusiasts will go with the V8. However, there are people that want something cheaper, more economical and don't care for all the power the v8 produces, so that's where the 4/6 cylinder versions come in. 

4 cylinder Turbo's are becoming quite popular here. You can squeeze some awesome mileage out of those. I have a car w/ a 6 cylinder turbo putting down 300hp/300tq (which is under rated from factory), but I can still squeeze 37-38 mpg on highways and high 20's in the city. But, the car is also very fun when I want it to be. 

#21 tntomek

tntomek

Neowinian

• 128 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:09

So KingCracker, by your logic, would you drive a Prius or a V6 Mustang to work? If you have to have something is it always all or nothing?

#22 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• 7,763 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:32

I agree tsupersonic's post as I quoted below...  If you like car's design and comfortable seating, you can get either 4 or 6 cylinders for cheap price..  V8 models are bit expensive depends the options you choose when you buy a car, such as GPS, high end stereo w/ speakers, etc.

Yes and no. V8's are awesome, and no doubt the hardcore enthusiasts will go with the V8. However, there are people that want something cheaper, more economical and don't care for all the power the v8 produces, so that's where the 4/6 cylinder versions come in. 

4 cylinder Turbo's are becoming quite popular here. You can squeeze some awesome mileage out of those. I have a car w/ a 6 cylinder turbo putting down 300hp/300tq (which is under rated from factory), but I can still squeeze 37-38 mpg on highways and high 20's in the city. But, the car is also very fun when I want it to be. 

This.

#23 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,016 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 15:46

i really hate to admit, but it looks pretty good :cry:

#24 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,287 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 15:52

So KingCracker, by your logic, would you drive a Prius or a V6 Mustang to work? If you have to have something is it always all or nothing?

If I was buying a muscle car i'd want the muscle. I mean that's part of the allure of the Mustang. There's plenty of other fun to drive cars out there but this is the Mustang. For the Mustang it is to me all or nothing. 

#25 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• 5,146 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 06 December 2013 - 15:53

Now that's sexy looking. 

#26 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,017 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 15:56

I'm actually pretty shocked that they pulled off 300HP plus from a 4-cyl.  Must be a pretty hearty turbo.

#27 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 16:05

I'm actually pretty shocked that they pulled off 300HP plus from a 4-cyl.  Must be a pretty hearty turbo.

Eh, have you never heard of the STi or Evo or Focus RS or Mazdaspeed 3 or... you get the idea. None of those run huge turbos.

I'd rather a turbo'd I6 than a V8 any day. Ford made them in Australia, but they seem to refuse to put them in the Mustang. Probably because they know they'd be better than the V8 and it's cheaper to just keep banging those out.

#28 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,500 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 06 December 2013 - 16:18

Eh, have you never heard of the STi or Evo or Focus RS or Mazdaspeed 3 or... you get the idea. None of those run huge turbos.

I'd rather a turbo'd I6 than a V8 any day. Ford made them in Australia, but they seem to refuse to put them in the Mustang. Probably because they know they'd be better than the V8 and it's cheaper to just keep banging those out.

Then there's the Mercedes CLA 45 AMG (or any 45 AMG engine). It is the most powerful series production four-cylinder turbocharged and it's 178hp/liter, amazing.

Me personally, I'd rather have a V8 over a turbo 4 or turbo 6. Why not bi-turbo a V8 like the new AMG 63 engines or M5 :D You have to love the grunt of a naturally aspirated V8, but turbo 4/6/8's are awesome also.

#29 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 16:55

Then there's the Mercedes CLA 45 AMG (or any 45 AMG engine). It is the most powerful series production four-cylinder turbocharged and it's 178hp/liter, amazing.

Me personally, I'd rather have a V8 over a turbo 4 or turbo 6. Why not bi-turbo a V8 like the new AMG 63 engines or M5 :D You have to love the grunt of a naturally aspirated V8, but turbo 4/6/8's are awesome also.

Because if you're getting a V8 bi-turbo you might as well throw a boat anchor under the hood while you're at it.  :D

#30 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,017 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 19:02

The Mazdaspeed and STi have around 260HP and are lighter (edit: STi indeed has 305), so of course they won't need as large of a turbo.

The Evo is about in the same ballpark as the Mustang and it does have a large turbo with a lot of boost (up to 19 psi).

The Focus RS is a 5-cylinder, so it's not comparable, but it's also not that fast of a car (0-60 in 5.9 is nothing to write home about).

It's also very possible that the 2014-2015 RS will have the same engine as this Mustang.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!