Any good PC RPGs to suggest?

What is it if not an RPG? I am not a Zweih?nder wielding undead, last I checked.   :laugh:

Unfortunately the term "RPG" refers to games with such completely different gameplay as Planescape Torment and Diablo 3, the former being essentially a dialogue-driven adventure and the second being a virtual online lottery. I suppose any game that revolves around evolving a character and that has some fighting in it is an RPG.

• Like 2

How would it be the last if somebody had already mentioned it before? :o

The game is actually called The Last Remnant.

And if you're gonna play it it would probably be best to look up some guides as it's pretty easy to screw up your team builds if you don't know what you're doing.

The game is actually called The Last Remnant.

And if you're gonna play it it would probably be best to look up some guides as it's pretty easy to screw up your team builds if you don't know what you're doing.

Can't believe anyone is really recommending that game. Holy crap that is grind hell...

Can't believe anyone is really recommending that game. Holy crap that is grind hell...

I wouldn't say it's any more grindy than a few other rpgs that people have listed. It is a jrpg after all, though.

Unfortunately the term "RPG" refers to games with such completely different gameplay as Planescape Torment and Diablo 3, the former being essentially a dialogue-driven adventure and the second being a virtual online lottery. I suppose any game that revolves around evolving a character and that has some fighting in it is an RPG.

If you get to specifically build a character, it's an RPG. Dark Souls has classes, a crazy list of attributes you can change, and some pretty complicated linking between them that allows you to create unique builds.

I'm not big on the whole "everything is an RPG!" idea myself. Call of Duty is not an RPG, even if you get to pick which guns to use and level up. But Dark Souls? I don't know what else Dark Souls could possibly be.

Have you ever tried any of the "King's bounty" games.

They are similar to the old Heroes of Might & Magic (3DO) games. A mixed of rpg, strategy and turn based elements.

Very good in my book.

Was Drakensang: The Dark Eye and River of Time mentioned?

Also, if you're hardcore, go for Wizardry and Ultima series :p

Oi, Wizardry! I've fully played only the last one, 8, (mostly because when Bane was released and that story started, I could still run under a table without minding my head), but extensively and obsessively. It does look like Maze screensaver (well, it even has the throwback level of that sort, tee-hee), but its completely crazy setting (spaceships & magic... ok), party management, inventive bestiary and fair gameplay mechanics (that, among other things, require one to avoid combat at times) are all to be highly recommended. And it's open-world, with many little secrets :)

(also, all women have really huge ###### :shiftyninja: )

• 1 month later...

Gothic 1 / 2 / 3 - never ever Arcania - hands away :-)

Risen 1 +2 is ok

the Witcher 1 + 2, both great - looking forward to part 3 this year :-)

Planescape Torment - as mentioned before - second part is in building process - hell yeah!!!!!!

I Think Fallout was mentioned before, i?m still playing Fallout New Vegas - still fun

First of alI I would recommend the Gothic series :-)