Photo

Console of the Year: PS4 Wins (TrustedReview)

console ps4 sony xbox one 360 ps3 wii year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#106 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 December 2013 - 17:35

is this like official or something?

What is the drive behind this that I should believe the statement?

I don't own either consoles and probably never will but I am curious about this

Your guess is as good as ours.  There doesnt seem to be much merit in this "award" .  No information as to who was polled other than the public.  I'd take it with a grain of salt, look for at least the more reputable sites (even though most of them are biased) if you want to rely on a site to make a $400-$500 purchase

#107 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 17 December 2013 - 17:41

Your guess is as good as ours.  There doesnt seem to be much merit in this "award" .  No information as to who was polled other than the public.  I'd take it with a grain of salt, look for at least the more reputable sites (even though most of them are biased) if you want to rely on a site to make a $400-$500 purchase

It is an official Trusted Review award, it was chosen by TR judges and a separate public vote was made also and the result posted on the article.

Trusted Review is a very reputable site, but no one should rely on awards like these or even public opinion on a $400-500 purchase. Read into the specs on both, see the game line ups and features each have and then try out the console in stores to test them out yourselves before you make a purchase. Like everything else, whats best for someone else isn't always the best for you.

#108 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2013 - 18:02

But the sales are saying the same thing

No, they aren't.  Sales are neck and neck, and Microsoft has been the only one able to keep restocking their console, so they're selling faster than Sony is.  I'm really not sure how you don't understand this.

#109 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 December 2013 - 18:08

It is an official Trusted Review award, it was chosen by TR judges and a separate public vote was made also and the result posted on the article.

Trusted Review is a very reputable site, but no one should rely on awards like these or even public opinion on a $400-500 purchase. Read into the specs on both, see the game line ups and features each have and then try out the console in stores to test them out yourselves before you make a purchase. Like everything else, whats best for someone else isn't always the best for you.

did they update the info with who was polled?  when I first looked they only offered the results.  Did they poll gamers who owned both systems and then had them vote?  I'd have to imagine that population is fairly small at the moment so any other public poll would either be biased or skewed.  But yes.. no one should rely on a site to determine which system is best.

#110 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 17 December 2013 - 18:12

No, they aren't.  Sales are neck and neck, and Microsoft has been the only one able to keep restocking their console, so they're selling faster than Sony is.  I'm really not sure how you don't understand this.

Sony announced over 2.1 million PS4s have been sold more than two weeks ago, Microsoft announced 2 mill X1s have been sold less than a week ago, even if they made the announcements at the same time the PS4 would've still sold more. I'm not sure how you don't understand this.. 

Sony is stocking more regions, so maybe Microsoft is able to restock more consoles at regions like US, Australia and a few others but that doesn't mean Sony isn't building just as much consoles. Sony is just more spread out and probably because of this stock is extremely low / non-existent in some regions while the xbox one can be purchased just by walking into a retail store. (Like Australia)

#111 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 17 December 2013 - 18:16

Sony announced over 2.1 million PS4s have been sold more than two weeks ago, Microsoft announced 2 mill X1s have been sold less than a week ago, even if they made the announcements at the same time the PS4 would've still sold more. I'm not sure how you don't understand this..

The difference between what they actually sold (fact) versus what these "trusted" polls (opinion) are saying is huge. You can't use one to "prove" the other. About as trustworthy as those software sites that have all sorts of "awards" that 99% of the world hasn't heard about plastered all over them.

#112 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Sony is stocking more regions, so maybe Microsoft is able to restock more consoles at regions like US, Australia and a few others but that doesn't mean Sony isn't building just as much consoles. Sony is just more spread out and probably because of this stock is extremely low / non-existent in some regions where the xbox one can be purchased from inside a retail store without requiring a pre-order from months ago. (Like Australia)

X sells 2M consoles in 13 countries and has plenty more in stock

P sells 2.1M consoles in 30 countries and has no more in stock

in essence both are selling neck to neck. Rest of your post has no bearing on reality. You don't have to look farther than Sony's hesitance to reveal latest US sales figure.

#113 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

I can't believe everyone is getting so turned around with this.  They got a thumbs up from a website and that's great for Sony!  Sales are neck and neck, which is great for both consoles!  You could say that the Xbox One is the console of Neowin if you look at the front page poll, but what does that really mean?  About the same as this award.  

#114 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:57

Console of the year is a moot point, but why not, good for PS4. I just got her yesterday and am in love! Amazing device. I'm sure X1 is equally great, though right now don't feel the need to get it. Am craving a Wii U big time. And allow me this opportunity to also congratulate all neowin members who got a PS4, have fun and appreciate the huge progress our hobby is making. wish every tech area made such huge strides as computing/gaming.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!