• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 17 December 2013 - 18:09

Starting to get confused... the Configuration tool doesn't list any SLI modes for the 770 other than single GPU, and all options Ive tried only show connectors for 2 Surround Displays. I thought a minimum of 3 displays were needed for surround gaming? Otherwise your center of view would be on the bezels.

http://www.geforce.c...em-requirements

#17 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2013 - 18:17

Hmm,

I see 2D and 3D options for Single GPU, both are 3 monitors, not sure the difference. If choose Surround, no options.

So, now I don't know lol

#18 DaveGreen93

DaveGreen93

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 17 December 2013 - 19:15

Sorry, I wasn't at my actual computer but I am now.

Under 3D Settings on the left, there is a menu called "Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX"

Then choose Disable SLI, this should return your resolution to the standard multi monitor setup, no Surround. This is the case for me, so I'm hoping it's the same for you.

#19 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2013 - 19:21

Yea, for me (currently 2 monitors, third is xmas) does not allow me to turn on.

I swear you could do two monitors, I guess not.

Thanks.

#20 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 17 December 2013 - 20:02

What it does is create a single resolution from the sum of all your monitors, e.g. 3 1920x1080 monitors would be a resolution of 5760x1080 in surround.

You can disable and enable this through the Nvidia control panel, but the way this has been implemented is terrible compared to AMDs eyefinity which is why I'll be moving back to AMD sometime next year.

I don't really understand how it takes over the Windows UI though?

Just think of it as making multiple monitors into one. Maximise a program, it will fill the entire resolution. Start Screen on Windows 8 does look pretty cool spanning across 3 monitors though.

How can it possibly be worse than eyefinity? I tried that once before I replaced the ATI/AMD crap with my current nvidia, it was terrible and was he'll to get back off again.

#21 DaveGreen93

DaveGreen93

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 17 December 2013 - 21:08

How can it possibly be worse than eyefinity? I tried that once before I replaced the ATI/AMD crap with my current nvidia, it was terrible and was he'll to get back off again.

It's probably just me, but I hate that I have to go into the NVidia Control Panel every time I want to turn Surround on/off. I then have to watch a progress bar while my screen flickers black. And my main issue is that it never seems to remember the order of my monitors when I go into or come out of Surround, I had to reorder them each time.

EDIT: Just remembered a second issue that really frustrates me, you have to close most of your open programs when turning Surround on/off :crazy:

As for Eyefinity once I had set up the order of my monitors, it remembered them. Didn't have to reorder them at all when going in or out of Eyefinity. Enabling and disabling Eyefinity was far easier and seamless - a quick tap of the Windows Key + P and I could turn it on (duplicate) or turn it off (extend).

These are my experiences anyway, probably different to yours and there may be a solution to my issues somewhere in NVidia CP but as of yet, I haven't found them. Not all is bad though, NVidia drivers are soooo much better and released a lot more frequently than AMD. :)

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:09

Well I haven't used surround on the nvidia card since I only have two monitors, the third old I tried before on the AMD is kind of dead. But I have disconnected the second monitor and used it for other computers and such, and it still remembers that it's number 2, even though it was reversed when I first set them up.

I used to have a bigger problem with nvidia forgetting the order of my monitors before, but then, so did the AMD, so I'm not sure that actually was the drivers, but rather the windows multi monitor system that simply didn't remember and they changed it in one of their patches. I dunno.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!