• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Biohead

Biohead

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:19

I've just picked up a Gateway/Acer GT310F1/AT310F1 server (X3430 Xeon with 12GBs RAM) for what I think is a bargain at £25! I've recently moved house so its definitely something I can use to keep me going for a while.

It has a SAS backplane but there are no caddies included (nor a data cable from the backplane to the motherboard). I've ordered an sff-8087 cable to join the two, but I'm not sure on the caddies. Are they specific to the chassis? Or are SAS caddies typically generic and any will do the trick (they're 3.5", not 2.5" from looking at it).

Best Answer sc302 , 19 December 2013 - 15:51

caddies are specific to the chassis in most cases.  serversupply is good and cheap in the states, however you may want to look for a vendor in the UK, perhaps amazon may have the caddies.  Get the caddy part number then you can look around. 

Go to the full post

#2 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 23

Posted 19 December 2013 - 15:51   Best Answer

caddies are specific to the chassis in most cases.  serversupply is good and cheap in the states, however you may want to look for a vendor in the UK, perhaps amazon may have the caddies.  Get the caddy part number then you can look around. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!